4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2013 10:46 AM by madmax RSS

Breakfast made better

crobs Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Staying at the Coralville, IA Marriott after the Iowa-Michigan upset. This is a one-off for us since we live near enough to drive home after the game but decided to make an event of it. We're on the concierge level, with its lovely breakfast - it really is a great breakfast, I'd nominated the person who made the bacon for an award if I could - oraland its even lovelier host. Who has no name tag so the only way I can identify him is by saying he's a poli sci major graduating in December and then going to law school. The young man chatted with regulars as though they were family, commiserated with Michigan fans as though they were his children and went out of his way to cater to some odd requests that would have had some hosts baffled. Very impressed with his character and his carrying (By contrast, the bartender yesterday who spent a great deal of time chatting with her friends who had come in to watch the game and only begrudgingly getting drinks for other customers. Boo, Hiss)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Coralville, Iowa, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
  • Re: Breakfast made better
    laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, crobs, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll contact the hotel to find out the gentleman's name and enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

Best,

Laura & The Marriott Rewards Insiders Team

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, crobs, Thank you again for helping to acknowledge this associate - whose name is Phil - and his outstanding service! As a result of your nomination, Phil has been selected to receive the Marriott Spirit to Serve award. Associates are honored to hear that they exemplify the values instilled by JW Marriott, and it means more knowing the recognition came from you, our valued guest.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

hi laurac. I was glad to read this post. I've never seen a response where the person nominated for this award was ever actually given an award. I've nominated persons in the past who have done exceptional and above and beyond jobs and it is good to know they are actually recognized by the Marriott execs.

crobs Gold 1 Reviews

That's good to hear. And good to hear you good decipher my original post. Damn spell check. Truth be told, 99 percent of the employees at this hotel are Wonderful (and 99 percent of those are college students.) We love staying here. We've traveled the world and this is probably our favorite hotel at which to stay.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...