20 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2013 3:04 PM by ryankolb2001 RSS

Birthday Bonus for Life Time Platinum what's the point?

hopetix Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

So today I got an email from Marriott for my birthday which was Friday. I clicked on the link and it is 1 bonus night towards elite status....really? I am life time platinum. What is the point of that? I don't need nights towards elite status. I responded to the email asking the same question. Why not give extra points or a discount or something.

I am increasingly frustrated by the lack of attention to detail by Marriott. From the disappearance of the $1000 gift cheques to the lack of response from the 1000 bonus points for questions submitted and now 1 night credit to someone who doesn't need it. I wonder who is paying attention anymore.

It seems when businesses get too big, they lose sight of the things that were important to their customers in the first place. It feels like Marriott has reached that point.

It is a shame.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Birthday Bonus for Life Time Platinum what's the point?
    ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

At least they recognized your birthday. Mine was August and I got nothing. Last year I received an email and the credit of one stay. I thought last year was a nice touch; disappointing nothing this year. Perhaps a Christmas bonus??!!!??

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shesells Platinum

How would I know if I was Life Time Platinum?  I know I've stayed over 750 nights, but have not received a notice, or birthday card from Marriott

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Give Corporate Marriott rewards customer service a call.  They should be able to assist you.

blazer Platinum

This is a response I received in 2011.

Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards regarding Lifetime Elite status.

We have an Emeritus (Lifetime) status that offers Elite levels after certain criteria have been met.

Emeritus Platinum status is offered after the following qualifications are met:

Guest has been a member of Marriott Rewards program for 12 years, with at least one year at Platinum Elite.

Guest has stayed 1,000 nights over the history of the Marriott Rewards account.

Guest has accrued 2,000,000 total points earned during the history of the account.

For Gold, the night requirement is 800 nights and the point requirement is 1,600,000.

For Silver, the night requirement is 600 nights and the point requirement is 1,200,000.

There is no way to request this status unless all the qualifications have been met.

gifts Platinum

I have been a Marriott member for ages - was told last year or year before that I reached the lifetime level - but I cant recall ever getting a birthday gift - or even the annual gift I have just been reading about.....looks like I should have discovered this blog ages ago. 

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

My husband is LP and PP.  This year, I added his birthday to his profile in this site and he got the extra night for the first time, If he got notice of it from Marriott, neither of us has seen it, but nice gesture anyway.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Same status as your husband.  Got a happy birthday card with notice that I would receive a free night.  As you did, I thought it was a nice gesture.

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

As a Platinum member struggling to retain my status for next year, but approaching Lifetime status, this 1 night is appreciated.  But agree, maybe current lifetime members could be offered something different, like some points maybe.

momcde Gold

I also got a birthday wish today saying I would  get a elite qualify point, but..............

I already got one this year so I don't get one.????????????? What?

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

I also received an elite qualifying night for my birthday.  I too am LPT, but still appreciated it.

traveldebbie Silver 1 Reviews

I think is wonderful they are wishing you a happy birthday and giving you a gift!!   It seems you are like my parents who have everything in the world...  every year trying to figure out what to give them for birthdays and Christmas.  It's really impossible so we just give them money or a gift certificate!!!  Maybe a great suggestion to Marriott would be to get credits that can be used for food or spa!!!   Pretty great idea I think!

taxman415 Platinum

I am also a Lifetime Platinum but will accept the night credit in the event Marriott creates a level above Platinum and would these extra nights to qualify for Lifetime at the level... Hopefully with better benefits... Happy hunting...

hopetix Platinum 2 Reviews

A BIG Thank you to merb who has someone contact me about my original concern at the beginning of this thread. I got a very nice email from Alta in Rewards Customer service who LISTENED and RESPONDED. I sent a thank you note back to her for doing exactly that....listening and responding. She also offered to talk with me about any of my other concerns. Wanted to make sure I let you all know too, and recognize the positive vs. always complaining. So thank you again merb and Alta!

1pearl Platinum

I am platinum and did not receive a birthday night that I know of. Where do you input your birthday??

Thanks

ryankolb2001 Platinum 3 Reviews

I agree that Lifetime Platinums should recieve something different.  I already have 220+ nights for this year, so the extra 1 night for my birthday isn't going anywhere.  I definitely appreciated it when I was not lifetime and was the border of a status level, so there is definitely merit for those not in lifetime status. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...