4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2013 4:46 PM by wolterjwb RSS

4 days short..any ideas to help

wolterjwb Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I joined marriott rewards in early October and after my last trip on December 20th, I'll be 4 nights short of platinum (pretty good for only 3 months ). I have a few free ights but am assuming those wouldn't count to reach platinum.  I was wondering if there was any other way I can reach platinum before the end of the year and this seems o be the best place to get helpful advice.  Any and all suggestions are welcome And thanks in advance.

cheers,

jimmy

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 4 days short..any ideas to help
    bassetboyz Platinum 10 Reviews

If you sign up for the Marriott credit card you receive 15 elite nights annually.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

jimmy,

bassestboyz is correct. If you already have the credit card, you can try calling Marriott Rewards customer service and see if they'll extend you a one time favor.

About 7 years ago, I started staying in hotels again after many years at home. I had a similar situation as yours. I called Cust. Service and plead my case. They extended the Elite category based on my many recent stays. I also had quite a few on the books for the following year. When they looked at my recent stays and the upcoming Jan., Feb, and Mar. scheduled stays, they realized I would be well over 75 nights in less than 8 months.

Bottom line....if you have 71 nights form October thru December, I'm betting they'll extend the Platinum rug for you. Especially if you have a few nights scheduled for early next year.  Give them a call.

erc Platinum

Building off of bassest's and pained's good ideas; if you call Marriott Rewards (which most all of us would agree, with your burn rate, they should have the good sense of granting you Plat status) and get a no answer - try at least once more by calling again (Marriott is infamous for being consistently inconsistent when it comes to their rewards policy execution/offers).

Sign up for the birthday night. Give them your birthday (make sure it's between now and December 31 ) and you will be credited another night toward elite status. You also earn a night for each $3k spent on your Marriott card (which like bassest and pain say, if you have, use; if you don't, get and you've accomplished your goal).

If, with the above ideas, you get within one night - consider an inexpensive room around the holidays. Many places have them <$90 and wind down from the hustle/bustle or party hearty New Year's eve.

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/bookmarks/1083  Marriott Rewards contact info - when you get the robot, don't mess w/him, he can't help you (don't believe him, he's sneaky ), just say "Agent" two or three times and politely cut your deal with the nice human in Bearcat Utah.

Of course with relatively modest (mostly points multiplier) difference between plat and gold, if Marriott does strong arm you and keeps you at gold, take your rollover nights (71-50= at least 21) add to your 2014 rate and as soon as you hit 75, become platinum for the rest of 2014 and all of 2015. Good luck to an outcome worthy of your business.

wolterjwb Platinum 4 Reviews

Forgot to mention, I did get the credit card so those nights are included with those numbers.  I guess I'll wait until I finish the business trip in December and call them..maybe the rep will be in the Xmas spirit

Thanks to all for the advice, I greatly appreciate it!!

Jimmy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...