1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 23, 2013 5:06 PM by chrisf RSS

Summerlin Courtyard December 2013

jim_in_yulee Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Will be visiting Las Vegas at the end of December to greet new grandchild.  Any suggestions of must see/do?

L

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Las Vegas Summerlin
  • Re: Summerlin Courtyard December 2013
    chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi Jim,

That's a very big question.  I've been to Vegas a few times on business and then insisted on taking the family there.  I thought that it was one of those 'once in a lifetime must do' places.  Very artificial but very special.

My suggestions of 'must do' items ..

1. Bellagio Fountains … stunning fountains to music … they used to do an Andrea Bocelli piece that was awesome

2. Olive restaurant … but book in advance and demand a patio table … best of both worlds - good food and the Bellagio fountains … I have found that early evening is the best time.

3. Select one of the Cirque du Soleil shows … Ka is my favourite (at MGM) … my wife and my 26 year old son loved it.

4. Do a trip to the Grand Canyon South Rim … we took a light plane to the Grand Canyon Village and then a helicopter ride over the canyon … stunning views and we had a chance to look around the village too.  The flight took us over the Hoover Dam … amazing perspective from the plane.

5. Walk through the big themed hotels … Ceasar's Palace ceilings are stunning; the gondolas in the Venetian are quite striking; Freemont Street light show - pretty amazing.

6.  Have a 'limited' gamble … my wife loves a short spree on roulette

CIMG0921_edited-1.jpg

Olive's restaurant - overlooking Bellagio Fountains

CIMG0895_edited-1.jpg

Hoover damn from the plane

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...