18 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2013 4:27 AM by lakersfan RSS

Best Profile Pic Nominations, 2013

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The MR team is getting ready to recognize those from the Insiders community for the 2013 awards. All the winners will have earned their lofty status with well thought out contributions.

I noticed that the Best Profile Picture didn't make the cut at the Academy, but surely, this important category can't be ignored.

Without further ado.... I hereby nominate drchucklesboomboom for the profile picture of the year. If there is a better one out there, please share.

Nominations will be accepted through eternity, so don't sweat the deadline, just add your pick or voice your support for a nominee.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Best Profile Pic Nominations, 2013
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I haven't really paid too much attention to profile pictures, but I cannot imagine that getting anything but the "Top Dog"

LOL, awesome

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Awesome....you are correct sir. I laughed when I first saw that picture and still laugh every time I see it.  My guess is it's something like erc, nuhusker, jerrycoin, and certainly like tef6178 have felt like after one of their long grueling road trips. The bed and fan appear not to beat Marriott standard issue. I'm seeing more of the HoJo's look.

erc Platinum

Well first off, like Captain Renault, I'm shocked, shocked that Dr. ChucklesBoomBoom would have anything except a serious profile pic.

Second, apparently you guys have better graphics than my Commodore 64, this is how I see the profile, essentially as a Rorschach test where I see Estelle Getty of the Golden Girls looking at a doggie on a bedspread  DrChucklesBoomboom. Before the award is presented, perhaps the good Doctor can share the details.

Click on the good Doctor's profile and the picture is much larger....lol

erc Platinum

Good info (that I didn't know, thanks).

Ha, well I got it half right....sorry Ms. Getty.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

LOL, and after reading this by erc I say it is time to start Happy Hour, after all it's after noon in some spots and I have to get my meds before jerrycoin gets ahead of me at the pharmacy.  Nurse......

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

IAHFLYR,

You can't get ahead of me at the "Pharmacy"!

I live there!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

I had to change my profile pic in honor of your post.  I would also like to nominate DrChucklesBoomboom for Best User Name!

And please tell us what the photo of the land mass is that is in your profile (Atlantis? )

That's a great picture of the pooch, Pluto!!

The land mass of which you inquire is an island off the Rhode Island coast..... Block Island.  When you're in the Northeast and are interested in Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket.... don't forget this gem. Take the ferry from Point Judith and you're there in about an hour. I refer to it as Adult Peacefulness.  Aaaaahhh.

drchucklesboomboom Platinum 13 Reviews

Thanks With all the travelling that I do, some afternoons and evenings it feels like I am dog tired, in the dog days of summer, pulling off my shoes cuz the dogs are barking... *insert more punny references here*.

Glad you liked the image, it is one of my faves. Almost makes me think of some drunken author down in Cuba in the 50's.

Cheers to all !

erc Platinum

I agree, a very nostalgic photo. That tv tray brings back memories of childhood...frozen dinners. I wonder how many brain cells those early 60s chemicals cost me .

I'm pretty sure we have some of those trays somewhere....probably at my oldest sister's house.

Ha ha! I like the author description. I wonder if anadyr has ever felt like that dog?

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Great post pained!

Besides jumping to individual profile pages, you can see profile photos by clicking the "Browse" link in the navigation and selecting "People".

• To see profile photos instead of avatars, be sure you're viewing the profiles in "thumbnail" view
    • In the left column you can limit the results to those members you follow, trending, etc
    • In the drop down menu, you can sort results by name or join date
    • Or, click the "Add filter" button to filter usernames by hometown, gender, who's online, etc
    • And you can search for specific usernames in the "type to filter by text" box

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

Possibly because I am not a millenium (meaning I am...old...) I really like to see the person!  My favorite is...MERB!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...