6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2013 9:42 PM by frequentstaymarriott RSS

Security Concern At Property

frequentstaymarriott Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

New to this blog, but long-time Marriott Platinum.

Property I stay at every month for the last 4 years has definite main door security problems and I would like to ask if anyone knows a Marriott person/number to contact before a guest gets harmed?  I called "Customer Care" and they were singularly unmoved and unconcerned.  Property management seems to cheap to get a permanent fix--perhaps until a guest is robbed or worse.

An old (25 years, but now Cat 4!) Residence Inn that was just cosmetically renovated.  Unfortunately, major structural defects remain. During latest stay, one of the main building outside access door's latch broke and remained UNLOCKED for the better part of 3 days and nights while staff tried to patch it back up.  And, this is the third time, in just my experience, this has happened with one or another of the outside doors. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Security Concern At Property
    bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Most likely it's a franchise operation and has a GM managing the property.  I'd certainly make him aware of your concern first and depending on your take of his response to you, contact the District/Regional Manager of the franchise where you can most probably get some satisfactory response.  Marriott Corporate is also an alternative if you can get to the right level!  There are some folks on this site that have relationships with Marriott Corporate who may pick up on your concerns.  I'm fairly new here myself although 29 years as a Marriott Rewards member. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks bpelican.  Yes, have repeatedly alerted the resident franchisee's GM/desk staff/maintenance to continued serious (to me at least) problem with their exterior doors.  If not fixed for my next visit, will elevate concern to Regional.

If anyone has a corporate contact, I'd appreciate hearing. I've seen people lost though security lapses while in my former career; would rather not see it again.   

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I saw we bring this thread to the attention of merb, The specified item was not found. and/or NathalieF for them to elevate it if they see fit to do so since your efforts appear to have fallen on deaf ears.

onedale Platinum 16 Reviews

Sadly it might be fixed to late or after an incident.   The cost of fixing a security or safety issue is far less than the cost of a tragedy that could be prevented.

barrpat Platinum 7 Reviews

Your experience is not an isolated one. At many of these properties any teen male, with a strong arm,  can just yank one of these security doors open. Seen it done many times, and it seems that those in "charge" know this, for after the kids have yanked on the door enough it gets "fixed" until the next group of kids come through.

Barrpat & onedale:

You might find this ironic/humorous. While trying to patch together the broken door latch, they "adjusted" it so tightly that the door would not open AT ALL!  (fire code violation)  After several people complained (during the day) they removed the door latch completely, leaving the door unlocked all night!  I found it open at 0530 the next morning.  Three days in a row where the door was open for better part of the day.

The Residence Inn is in a decent area, but a lot of older kids walk by on their way to the light rail station and there has been an upsurge in 'tagging' in the neighborhood.

As I mentioned, I'll be back soon and if it has not been sufficiently corrected, the franchisee's regional management and Marriott Corporate will get a message. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...