3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2015 6:20 PM by ssindc RSS

Hard to be green with no towel racks

tellmewhynot Silver 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am always amazed when hotels leave the card suggesting guests "go green" and not have their linens changed daily, yet provide no towel racks for wet towels.   I would be happy to reuse towels but there is no place to put them to dry - I am not a fan of the shower rod since I don't know how often it is cleaned.  They won't stay on the hooks on the door and if you use the door itself it can't close.  Help us out, Marriott, and we'll happily comply!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hard to be green with no towel racks
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

An excellent point, and the hook on the door usually doesn't allow the towel to air dry nearly as well as a wide towel rack.

merb or The specified item was not found. just might be able to reach out to the property in question and start a trend.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

A very good point but we have found regardless of where you put the towels, many hotels just change them anyway!  We have found that even when you hang them nice and tidily on the towel rails, they are still replaced.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Hey, there, tellmewhynot, I just wanted to revive/resuscitate this post/line of discussion, even though it doesn't seem to garner much interest/reaction.  (I'm glad to hear I'm not alone on this - it's particularly surprised me to find it in newish, recently renovated properties - Renovations - The New Marriott?  Trends? - it's really frustrating.)

I wonder if some of the folks on the team - NathalieF or carat or ... someone ... could ring the bell on this. 

Just back from a weekend stay at an otherwise well-managed, excellent value Spring Hill Suites on the outskirts of Princeton, NJ.  Terrific, highly efficient room layout - king sized bed, functional work space, comfortable/large couch, separate (smallish, but functional) toilet/shower rooms offering two sinks (which was great for such a small room), satisfactory closet, etc.....  but.... but, basically nothing more than a smallish/modest towel hook....

• at most, the towel hook was sufficient for one (and, at best, two) hand towels;
    • if you put your bath/shower towel on it, there's no way it would dry;
    • there was surely no place to hang two bath/shower towels.

Marriott - if you'd like us to re-use our towels (and many of us would be more than willing to re-use our towels), you need to give us some place to hang them where they'll dry....

p.s. on a cheerier note, I have been noticing more recycling bins in Marriott properties...  Keep it up, Marriott!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...