4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2013 7:34 PM by ctsindy RSS

Earning points for reserving a block of rooms?

ctsindy Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

CAn I earn points for reserving, but not paying for, a block of rooms? (12) I do hold meetings at this hotel, but this is a Christmas work party where each party will expense their own room....just curious.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Earning points for reserving a block of rooms?
    onedale Platinum 16 Reviews

I thought you only earned what you paid for.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Hi ctsindy.  During my career of using Marriotts, I tried this a number of times.  The rule that was applied was that if I booked a block of rooms for a conference / party, I didn't get points etc. whether I paid or not.  However, there was often a conference special allocation of points if I booked and paid for the conference facilities, but this was very variable.  I guess that you may have already found this when you booked meetings there?

However, when I have taken the family on holiday and booked and paid for 3 rooms, I have generally been given the points for the whole bill … but this was only when I had paid the bill.

ctsindy Platinum

THanks! We may end up paying for some.. Appreciate the feedback!

ctsindy Platinum

THat was actually to everyone...thank you!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...