8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2013 12:52 PM by madmax RSS

Best at what she does

madmax Gold 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I recently visited the Residence Inn in Grapevine, Tx and met Melody who drove the Courtesy Shuttle Bus for the hotel.I believe she also works the front desk, but on Friday, November 15th, the day we were there, she was driving the courtesy van. I was travelling to Dallas for my Global Entry interview and didn't want to mess with the traffic so asked for the shuttle bus to take me and pick me up from DFW which is about 7 miles away. Melody picked us up at the airport and took us back to the hotel. As she was doing this, she had dropped off another couple at the airport and on our way back to the hotel we stopped and picked up another couple staying at the hotel that had been out shopping all day. Apparently Melody had already picked them up a couple of times and shuttled them to another location before picking them up to go back to the hotel that afternoon. Later on that evening, we decided we wanted to go out to Pappadeaux Seafood restaurant and she again picked us up and drove us back. When she picked us up from the restaurant, she was headed again to pick up the other couple from their restaurant. Melody never once was anything but most pleasant as she diligently took us and others all the places we wanted to go that day and evening. She was so pleasant and friendly and you could tell that she truly loved her job and wanted to do everything she could to please those she was serving. I would love to nominate Melody for the Spirit to Serve award as there are not many out there in the work world anymore that still have pride in their jobs and want to do it to the best of their ability as Melody demonstrated that day.

Kudos to Residence Inn, Grapevine for hiring such a great gal!-_kudos_nomination_great_employee

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Grapevine, Texas, USA
  • Re: Best at what she does
    bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

What a super narrative.  In today's World it's good to know that someone like Melody exists. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, madmax, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

I appreciate your timely response to Madmax's nomination of Melody.  Sometimes we take folks like her for granted and yet many times they provide services that makes the Traveler's life easier.  That certainly was the case with Melody. 

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, bpelican, Thank you again for helping to acknowledge this associate and their outstanding service! As a result of your nomination, this associate has been selected to receive the Marriott Spirit to Serve award. Associates are honored to hear that they exemplify the values instilled by JW Marriott, and it means more knowing the recognition came from you, our valued guest.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

that's awesome to hear laurac. She certainly deserves the award and I think it is great that Marriott DOES recognize those who go above and beyond. In this day and time as bpelican mentioned, it is hard to find someone who really goes all out to make the traveler's life easier.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

That is wonderful that Melody will get such a nice award!

Many Marriott employees are "Real friends" of guests, and Melody sounds like a great employee, with a "Spirit to Serve"!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

madmax,

Very nice of you to share this wonderful story about Melody and even better that it was recognized with an award.  Often times I wonder if any of the folks I've nominated have gotten an award so it's nice to see someone get the special attention they deserve for going above an beyond.

Well done

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

Yes, I've thought the same thing so I was pleased to see this note from Laura as well. I saw one other time on this board where someone else was told their nominee was recognized. I'm glad to see the follow through as well.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...