3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2013 11:44 AM by iahflyr RSS

Airport Security

sg1974 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Interesting article on airport security.

I'm sure everyone has experienced the frustrations.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/10460093/Airport-security-campaign-The-high-price-of-safety.html

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, England
  • Re: Airport Security
    erc Platinum

Top of the morning (mine) to you sg. Yeah, but don't we need the security to protect us against contortionists who crawl into suitcases? Thanks for the read.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Great article sg1974.  Makes for a good read.  I used to fly weekly to one business location or another (eg, 99 flights in the last year before my retirement).  Most of these flights were Pittsburgh to NYC.  After a while Security got to know me and I breezed through.  As the article implies, the key is to eliminate those who present no security risks and focus on high risk travelers.  Seems obvious, but I guess it's a form of inverse profiling!  So I don't fly anymore unless absolutely necessary!  Why subject oneself to mostly bogus security procedures (taking off shoes?  Really?).  The best to you folks who have to fly!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Thanks for that link SG, I really enjoyed the cartoon and how often does one get to see a B-146 with the speed brakes deployed while still in the air right there on the tail?  

Fortunately having the ability to use Pre-Check I've found security to be much less offensive and I don't have any issue with them getting into my background at all.  Not having to remove shoes, belts, laptop, liquids and the like does offer a bit of relief to the "bogus security procedures" as bpelican brings up.

Yet there are some who seem to enjoy the TSA lines and these procedures, one if fact works for a major oil company in town and would rather fly on an airline than their own high end corporate jet.   Each time he tells us about this a corporate pilot for a competing oil firm just laughs, why would you NOT want to drive up to the door of the plane, have the flight engineer grab your luggage while you get settled in your seat, get the finest catering around and be off in the sky.  Oh well, off topic a bit....sorry.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...