5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2013 4:29 PM by bejacob RSS

Colonial Williamsburg, Va. in Winter

erc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

If you ever wanted to visit Williamsburg Va (in winter - and it can be pretty moderate weather even in February) then take a look at Community Manager's Member's Exclusive Offers below;

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/docs/DOC-1701

Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony

There are several nights (the offer is for Sundays through Thursdays) where the Marriott Rewards Offer is actually a deal - $56 for the hotel room.

The member exclusive (plats 30% off / members 25% off) for plats is $104 for a two bedroom villa; $92 for a one bedroom

Now, before anyone thinks I'm some Marriott sales rep (although it is a nice property, especially the two bedrooms - a bit off the path, but it's not the summer crowded season and you have a car, so I never had a problem), I post this for two reasons: 1) so Insiders are aware of the deal, in case they were interested and 2) once again this demonstrates to me (just like the DC market) that Marriott responds to market pressures (not customer, until they become market share issues). So for all of our legitimate observations about CY or other service issues leading to defections, I conclude that there must be more than enough backup customers to fill our absence. Thus, those of us remaining, with little leverage, (as demonstrated time and again) better know how the game is played and pool our resources, because loyalty, or standardized customer service models (and certainly not altruism) are no longer in vogue.

Keep on keepin' on, Insiders

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Colonial Williamsburg, Va. in Winter
    bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Appreciate your posts.  This looks like a real good deal and Colonial Williamsburg is one of our favorite places to visit.  Thanks for letting us know about it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

erc,

Thanks so much for reminding me of a wonderful Christmas I had in Williamsburg, just two years ago!  Stayed at The RI, and have stayed at Fords Colony, and it too is wonderful!  Got a 2br suite for $99 per night.  Would also share with people that the RI was very "Pet friendly"!

Would also like to share that events at The Williamsburg in are "Stunning", but you do not need to stay there to enjoy them.  I will never forget the Christmas Eve dinner with the "Great Grand-son of Charles Dickens", who did a skit on the Christmas Carol Story!

Would also like to mention the beauty of Yorktown and Jamestown.  All is a great way to spend time with loved ones!

IMG_1789.JPG

The Williamsburg Inn!

A great place to dine while in Williamsburg!

erc Platinum

And as you've advised before, the wineries also. Good stuff, thanks for the photos, it really is pretty down there during the holidays. Anyone interested in taking advantage, be sure to read some of the posts over in the upper right column

More Like This.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

jerrycoin, I agree about Jamestown and Yorktown. Drove through the Colonial area in mid-October (on a gray, rainy day), but still loved it. There is so much history packed into a fairly small area and a few days would be enough get a good taste of it.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

It can be bone-chilling there sometimes so dress accordingly.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...