6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2013 5:03 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Santa Barbara to San Diego?

onedale Platinum 16 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

What is the best Marriott or Marriott affiliate property on or near the beach from Santa Barbara to San Diego?

If you can give reasons why you feel they are the best in your response it will help us decide where to stay.

I am planning 10 days in California over the winter and want to get the best for my points. I am PE, if that makes a difference for property recommendations.

Thanks in advance

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
San Diego, California, USA
Santa Barbara, California, USA
Oxnard, California, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge
  • Re: Santa Barbara to San Diego?
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

would start with a full service Marriott just north of Santa Barbara at the entrance to wine country

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

I really enjoyed the Marriott Newport Coast Villas Vacation Club (Newport Beach) - but it is vital to get a room with a view. Initially, in spite of what we thought were agreed upon rooms (we went in the relatively quiet period of February, so the property said we could have our pick) we were placed in a room overlooking the parking lot and two pine trees (I might as well have been in a suburban property in my Virginia hometown). To their credit (and without any major theatrics), they moved us to building 4100 on a top floor which was even better than we hoped for, because it was a corner  unit, so both bedrooms and the living room had terrific views. It made all the difference in the world for our marvelous stay (it's an easy drive to the beach and several days we walked, after enjoying our morning coffee and view).

Here's a timeshare forum post with a property layout

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36395  2/16/11 camachinist post

If you can establish a dialogue with the office, it's worth the effort, because it's a night and day difference based on where you are placed.

Here's a photo looking north toward Balboa Island - it doesn't do justice to the view, because we could see as far as the eye could see south and west also.
    IMAG0672.jpg

curiousone Platinum

My wife and I just spent a Saturday night at the JW Marriott Le Merigot in Santa Monica. I am Plat and we were upgraded to a suite. A very enjoyable stay. Santa Monica beach is very nice and if you want a dose of weird you can always walk next door to Venice beach. Also, be sure to look at the Marriott Laguna Cliffs Resort and Spa. This is on a hillside a couple of blocks from the Dana Point beach. We spent a night a couple of years ago after spending a week at the Newport Coast Villas. Newport Coast Villas are nice, and I am an owner there, but they are time shares. Also, they are a little off the beaten path. Have a great trip!

onedale Platinum 16 Reviews

Thank you, please continue with your thoughts on this question.

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

The Ventura Beach Marriott (located an easy 30 minute drive south of Santa Barbara) is a nice property located one block from the beach and adjacent to a state beach park. If you request to be on the side facing the state beach park (and the top floor, too) you can watch beautiful sunsets from your private balcony. I have stayed there several times over the past few years when I would travel to visit my cardiologist in Santa Barbara, but didn't want to spend the much higher rates in Santa Barbara. I was always treated very nicely and recognized for my platinum status. I think it has lovely public areas and a nice pool setting.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

nanaglo45,

Excellent suggestion!

Just a little further South is the RI, Oxnard.  This was a wonderful place to stay on a budget, and easy access to Ventura, without having to get on the highway.  The Ventura Marina is a wonderful place to spend some time.  You can also visit the Channel Islands via Charter Boats from there!

IMG_3372.JPG

Location Brand Hotel
      Oxnard, California, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...