2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2013 3:58 AM by celebrationoflife2013 RSS

Dog Friendly Vacation Clubs in California

celebrationoflife2013 Silver 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hello All!   Our dogs are a part of our family.  We bought the Vacation Club after being told we could bring our dogs, but now I am finding that the resorts do not allow dogs unless they are service dogs... in fact, there is a $500 fine if you have a non-service dog in your room.  We were told recently while at the Newport Villas that dogs can be on the property but not in the rooms. 

Does anyone know of a California Marriott Vacation Club resort that allows dogs?  If there are none, would anyone be interested in joining me in asking them to add a new policy for dogs?  It would be nice if there were just a block of rooms or a building (i.e.: At Newport Villas building 4600) that was dog friendly. 

What do you all think?

DanaTrue Love Oct 2007.jpg 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
California, USA
Newport Beach, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa
Newport Coast, California, USA Marriott Vacation Club Intl Marriott's Newport Coast Villas
Newport Beach, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
Lake Tahoe, USA
Reno, Nevada, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Reno
South Lake Tahoe, California, USA Marriott Vacation Club Intl Grand Residences by Marriott, Lake Tahoe - studios, 1 & 2 bedrooms
Sparks, Nevada, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks
South Lake Tahoe, California, USA Marriott Vacation Club Intl Marriott's Timber Lodge
South Lake Tahoe, California, USA Marriott Vacation Club Intl Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Fremont/Silicon Valley, California, USA
Malibu, California, USA
San Francisco-Oakland-Richmond/Berkeley, California, USA
Petaluma, California, USA
Cannon Beach, Oregon, USA
Lake Arrowhead, California, USA Autograph Collection Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
Oregon, USA
Big Bear, California, USA
California
Salem, Oregon, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Salem
Lake Mead National Recreation Area, Nevada, USA
Bend, Oregon, USA TownePlace Suites By Marriott TownePlace Suites Bend Near Mt. Bachelor
North Las Vegas, Nevada, USA SpringHill Suites By Marriott SpringHill Suites Las Vegas North Speedway
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA Marriott Vacation Club Intl Marriott's Grand Chateau
Henderson, Nevada, USA TownePlace Suites By Marriott TownePlace Suites Las Vegas Henderson
Carson City, Nevada, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Carson City
Pyramid Lake, Nevada, USA
  • Re: Dog Friendly Vacation Clubs in California
    erc Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

When I checked the Marriott.com site (Explore & Plan box - Hotel Directory) it stated it had 3,291 US properties. Over to the side under Amenities was Pet Friendly and there were (to my surprise) 1,114  properties   http://www.marriott.com/hotel-search/pet-friendly.hotels/

However, when I checked the specific brand of Marriott Vacation Club, there were 60 overall properties, 48 US and they did not even have Pet Friendly listed as an amenity (so it doesn't look too encouraging). And remember, in spite of the name, the Vacation Club is no longer owned or operated by Marriott (they spun it off, kept stock, and provide reservation support), so the leverage for change may be reduced (and it was probably already low even with Marriott), but I wish you well in your efforts.

Here's a link from a good timeshare forum  http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187486  that discusses the topic, (post #10 might be of interest to you). Good luck in your search. Cute pooch, but which one isn't?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...