10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2013 11:38 AM by iahflyr RSS

Help with using points for a January vacation.

gingeramy Platinum 6 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hey all, looking for hotel suggestions for a warm location in the US that best utilizes our points. Nice pool, or beach, warm weather are my top priorities. Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Help with using points for a January vacation.
    blainep22 Platinum

I would suggest looking into the Marco Island marriott.  It has a great pool, awesome beaches, great weather and service and staff were great!  If you don't want to have to rent a car or car service (45 minutes from ft Myers airport), you should check out the marriott resort in Ft. Launderdale.  Let me know what you decide!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

I'll second the Marco Island recommendation.  Right on the water and customer friendly. Walk to shopping and restaurants.

bjarz12 Platinum 6 Reviews

Harbor Beach Marriott in Fort Lauderdale, FL

JW Marriott Ihilani Ko Olina in Oahu, HI

Kaua'i Marriott in Kaua'i, HI

gingeramy Platinum 6 Reviews

Well I tried Marco Island, they're all booked for the five days in January I want to go! Most of the level7 or 8s in south Florida are also unavailable. How about Arizona? Any suggestions there?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Gingeramy,

Have you thought of the Caribbean?  Some place like our favorite Scrub Island, St. Thomas, Aruba, Curacao, St. Kitts etc?

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

The JW Marriott Desert Ridge just north of Scottsdale is real nice with two very good golf courses and a great pool too.

curiousone Platinum

Depending on where you are coming from "warm" is a relative term. I live in Phoenix and it can get cold in January, but definitely warmer than someplace up north. The JW Desert Ridge (cat 7) is a great resort, but you should also look at JW Camelback Inn (cat 7) and Phoenix Marriott Tempe at the Buttes (Cat 6, kind of off the beaten path). We had a great time at the Marriott Ft. Lauderdale time shares.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Absolutely love Camelback Inn.  There are far too many excellent golf courses in and around Scottsdale, yet I find July to be the best time......yes it is hot and yes it is a dry heat, but drinking water constantly and avoiding any dehydrating drinks one can get some incredible rates in the PHX area.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

My wife and I, along with neighbor couple, spent a week at Hilton Head Grande Ocean Villas (photo), and using our Marriott Vacation Club Points, last January, where the weather was quite nice. There is a Marriott Hotel - along with other villas - on the island also. The weather might not be warm enough quite yet then for swimming, but otherwise quite pleasant. DSCN0014.JPG

We stayed five nights, walked on the beach, rode bicycles, which you can rent at the villa, all over the island and enjoyed eating out at several island restaurants. Living in TN we're a bit partial to the S.C. beaches, but then we've enjoyed FL destinations - Panama City, Jacksonville, Ft. Lauderdale, etc., which would be warmer in January, but longer car ride for us.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Can't go wrong at the HH Grande Ocean.  Has everything.  Temperatures may be iffy during Winter as opposed to the FL properties.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...