4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2013 4:43 PM by pevers RSS

Available Room Types

pevers Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have been an elite member for some number of years and do have a pet peeve. I am curious if others have had similar experiences.

There are a few places that I have stayed at consistently and they are aware of my preferences, however, more than half the time, when I go to a new location, the first room offered to me is one with a connecting room. I would say that this is fine, except that frequently I have run across noisy neighbors. And even for those who are not noisy, I have found that the doors are not a very good barrier to sound. I hear the person in the other room moving about, watching television, talking on the phone etc. sometimes only after suggesting that I have high enough status for an upgrade.

It almost feels like the old joke where the frequent traveler tells the receptionist to give him/her the third room.

I am wondering if I am alone in experiencing such frustration in getting a good, quiet room. Especially, since I am a Platinum member, and have been at this status for, at least, the last 6-7 years.

PS: The few times when I have wanted adjacent connecting rooms, I never have been able to get them.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Available Room Types
    barrpat Platinum 7 Reviews

They are not paying attention to your preference data. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

peversbarrpat and barrpat there is no place in your MR profile to select or deselect connecting rooms.  My suggestion would be after you select your room type the next page will have "Guest Information" near the top of the window almost in the middle of the page.  Select "edit" and put a note in the "comment" section of your reservation that you do not wish to have connecting rooms before you click "reserve room".  I've been surprised how often a Front Desk Associate will actually read that yet not hear a word you're saying while standing right in front of them. 

A follow up call to the hotel Front Desk Manager on duty about 2-3 days out should also help improve your luck.

barrpat Platinum 7 Reviews

Excellent !!! Thanks!!!

pevers Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks for the info.I had been wondering where the "Comments" section had disappeared to. I remember using it in the past. As I sign into the website with my Marriott ID and I keep my credit card on file, I never look in the guest information screen.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...