8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2013 9:07 PM by shoeman1000 RSS

My Suspicious Nature at Work

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Yes there is a point to this discussion.

Recently my Blue Cross health insurance policy mailer came, not with a cancellation notice, but with a coupon, well in reality several coupons, and one was for the Keurig brand Coffee Maker. I glanced at it thinking it was for a box of K-Cups, the coffee in a box that fits these makers. Some hotels (Marriott San Mateo being one) have these in the room and for a single cup of coffee they work well.

Prices for the maker are not cheap, starting at $119 dollars and ending up in the hundreds of dollars.  But, in this case, after nearly discarding the coupon I found that it was for a free coffee maker by Keurig, any one of them. Just had to put the coupon code in and voila, a discount equal to the purchase price would be forthcoming. Being paranoid and suspicious I figured that this was a way to get me on a schedule of buying a million K-Cups within the next three years, or worse, buying them at retail plus! So I entered my code and here's what I got: My $189 dollar Keurig Coffee Maker was now free, including no tax, and no shipping!

Your Keurig Shipping Confirmation - H012047331 - rogerdenk@gmail.com - Gmail - Mozilla Firefox 11162013 13233 PM.bmp.jpg

It is due here via FedEx today, (Saturday) and hopefully will not include a bill for an additional amount due. Call me odd, (many of you already have). But then I realized that Keurig is clever by half--  Now that I am getting the machine I will need the K-Cups forever.

This is the HP Printer story--buy a cheap printer then buy the expensive ink/toner at very high prices almost semi-annually. You'll be our friend for life.

Anyway, come over if you want a cup of coffee an please bring your own K-Cups!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: My Suspicious Nature at Work
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

anadyr

you said there was a point to the discussion.  what is it?  also, there are a million different companies, including DD that offer there own k cups, none of which are Kureg owned.  Also, there are refillable k cups available where you can buy the large bag of coffee and simply fill the cup each time….

enjoy a cup on me!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

The point is that you responded!  I will purchase the re filler, yes.  And I have a large raincoat so when I am in a store I can 'borrow' some cups - wink, wink.  My point in posting this was to show that even the ACA did not take away my insurance--the rest of the post was, well, frivolous,

sweet.  please try the dunkin doughnuts cups and let me know how they are…..glad to hear you weren't affected by aca. 

I have tried them actually when we were on the Cape--they are pretty good.  Actually the best I have had are the ones from Green Mountain Roasters--have you tired them yet?

I have tried them.  not really a fan of the Keureg concept.  prefer to go to DD or to buy a big ground bag at Costco and brew at home. 

PS, one of our local firms, Peet's Coffee, has gone national after being bought out by a German holding comoany and they bought Caribou Coffee soon thereafter. Peet's makes excellent coffee and I have also had some of their Kcups at friends.

DD is next.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

We drink DD coffee at our daughter's house, but have been Folgers fans since 1978.  And, I was affected by ACA, but then I thought everybody was??

Nope both the VA and my BC/BS tell me that I am not...let's see if they are telling the truth.  Didn't you get a letter from VA in late September about that?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...