1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 27, 2009 1:05 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Renaissance Polat Istanbul, Turkey

gabby1 Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The hotel is clean and secure and only 4 km from the Int'l airport. Most of the staff speaks zero English, be aware.

If you're a Gold member or above, you'll faire well by using the concierge lounge. The dollar is extremely poor right now (Feb 08), a draft beer is $12 USD a burger $18 USD.

The concierge lounge was nice, tasteful and good foods. The restaurants are nice but expensive, smoking is allowed in the entire hotel. If you're a non-smoker, book a non-smoking room. I did and my rooms was clean, well maintained. Internet access was $24 USD for the day. Showers are very narrow.

Check out was an issue. The concierge staff stated I could check out in the lounge in the morning, to avoid the lines. This was false. The morning staff couldn't operate the computer. The check out lines were long. Inadequate staffing at the front desk. The airport shuttle wouldn't wait, I had to wait for a 2nd shuttle.

I would stay here again for the convenience to the airport plus to visit the markets and shopping district. Due to the countries security issues right now, I wouldn't not take family.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Renaissance Polat Istanbul, Turkey
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

We had a similar experience and really found the hotel a pleasant break.

The staff was great and the concierge really did make a difference.  Our Turkish friends really enjoyed the proximity of the hotel and we can't wait to go back! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...