1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 18, 2013 7:27 AM by laurac RSS

Spirit to Serve Nomination - Rachel

dreggors Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I would like to nominate Rachel, who works at the Marriott Courtyard in Austin Round Rock for a "Spirit to Serve" award.  On the evening of Sunday November 3rd, my 76 year-old mother was driving from Dallas to San Antonio and called me stating that she was north of Austin and may be having some car problems.  Knowing that I did not want her to drive much further, I immediately thought of my Marriott Rewards points and planned to direct her to the nearest Marriott property.  Not knowing exactly where she was, I called a Courtyard location in north Austin and spoke with Rachel.  I tried my best to describe to Rachel where my mother was located and she knew enough about the area to give me clear directions with landmarks and approximate driving time so that I could pass that information along to my mom.  Also, Rachel took care of my reservation, offered a handicapped equipped room, and assured me that she would be on the lookout for my mom.  As luck would have it, my Mother's car broke down a couple miles north of her destination, but a State Trooper stopped and gave her a ride to the Marriott that Rachel worked at.  My mom reported to me that Rachel was very accomodating and made the transaction of getter her room easy and seamless.  Also, when my mom realized she forgot something in her car, Rachel immediatly ran outside the hotel and flagged down the Trooper who had given my mom a ride... in time before he got down the highway.  In doing so, he was able to retrieve some important medical products that my mom needs to use daily.  When it was all said and done with, my mom was able to get her car repaired the following morning and get on her way... thanks much in part to Rachel and her accomodating my mom and putting her mind at ease knowing she had a friendly, and comfortable place to stay.

Thanks again Rachel - you're the best!

Sincerely

David Dreggors

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Spirit to Serve Nomination - Rachel
    laurac Marriott Associate
    Currently Being Moderated

Greetings, dreggors, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

Best,

Laura & The Marriott Rewards Insiders Team

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...