1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 11, 2013 11:48 AM by painedplatinum RSS

Do I push from Gold to Platinum ??

spreadsheet Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As I get to single nights from gold to platinum, is it an economic benefit at all? CL is CL.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Do I push from Gold to Platinum ??
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

If you consider Reward points economic benefits, then yes....you'll go rom a 25% bonus to a 50% bonus percentage on the qualifying dollar spent at Marriott brand hotels. You'll also garner Platnum arrival gift points, if you choose. They range from 200 to 500 depending on the brand. Also, in theory, if there is an room upgrade available, you would be higher in the pecking order than your Gold Elite friends.

I've stayed way too much this year. The difference from 25% to 50%  plus the arrival gift for me in 2013 is just short of 37,000 points. That's good for one or two nice free nights.

Also consider the rollover night benefit if you choose not to stretch for the Platinum. Every night earned over the 50 night threshold for Gold will rollover into 2014. So, if you're at 70 nights, 20 will be in your account prior to the end of January. They may help you next year in maintaining Gold or achieving Platinum.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...