6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2015 12:48 PM by tishers RSS

Free (?) Breakfast

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

OK, I know this is picky. But..........

I'm not a breakfast person. My wife is. We get free breakfast as part of our package at the Marriott where we are staying. I never eat breakfast, my wife always does. Her sister came and spent the night with us along with her husband and child. The 4 of them went for breakfast. We were charged for 2 breakfasts. 2 free, 2 paid. But I've been there 3 weeks which means I've skipped out on 21 free breakfasts. Doesn't add up.

Or am I just being unreasonable?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Free (?) Breakfast
    chautauquany Gold 4 Reviews

Talk to the manager.  I've always been treated more than fairly when I there is something I don't like/appreciate. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

spreadsheet Platinum 2 Reviews

The free breakfast is usually limited to two people. Trying for 4 is unfair to the hotel, don't you think? Also, are you saying there was 5 of you in one room??

When my family of 5 went to Sydney, we had two rooms. My wife and I had the free CL breakfasts ans dinner treats, but we PAID for our kids' meals.

ramoneur Platinum

you both have a point;

but if he "skipped out on 21 free breakfasts", my experience is that the hotel manager won't be a jerk about it and give these for free

...btw: why isn't there an automated "kickback"-fee?

for example for every skipped breakfast (and I skipped a few) you get 25% in return in "credit"

tishers Platinum

How should the hotel account for who eats a free breakfast or not?

Usually when it is an open breakfast area there is not someone who is keeping track of who dines there.

I would not want to create an administrative burden to track that you did not have breakky on Tuesday so you should get 50 points or something like that. There is a point where there is a diminishing return to the hotel for having someone to keep track of who is eating if they are not charging you for it.

At the Courtyard I have been staying at for the last few months they have the Biestro down off of the lobby. I do not eat there, for a logistics reason and not because of the food. My hotel room is way on the back of the property, where it is quiet and far away from the more transient single-night guests. I park my rental car back there and use one of those entrances to go to my room. In the morning I scoot out that way and do not go to the lobby. As a consequence I never have eaten a meal at the hotel.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Didn't see this before. We had 2 rooms, thus 4 breakfasts.

lifeontheroad Platinum

I have run into the same thing. unfortunately the PP / LTP appears to only go with the Person not the room one books so if i book 2 rooms in 1 hotel i still only get 2 breakfasts. which is fine for me because i don't do breakfast and my daughter is 8 so we get the kids meal.

however if i book a room at a different hotel, say for  my parents, they have gotten 2 breakfasts and I was still eligible for 2.

on vacation with the family I have some great property managers slip me extra breakfast cards or gift cards or other things to be sweet. because it is easy we tend to hang out at the property and spend most of our money there so I doubt anyone is "losing out". I'd hate to admit to some of my bar tabs.

another thing I have heard people complain about is water and how you can no longer get at the concierge  lounge all day. at check out I have never been charged for water - the  las vegas hotel removed it and most courtyards comp'd me.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...