This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 23, 2013 9:50 PM by NathalieF RSS

Disappointment!  Reviews still showing.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I thought the release was supposed to fix this.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Disappointment!  Reviews still showing.
    erc Platinum

Cal

1) If I go straight to Insiders without signing in, the Welcome front page has 8 discussions listed and then in a separate section (out of the way) below them, eight Hotel Reviews. I can read all of the discussions without having to mess with reviews.

2) When I log in, I have the same front page as above, but at the top of the page it has my name and Activity and In Box (the former communications, showing activity in posts that I'm involved in).  If I click Activity, it takes me to all the recent posts (like the former Activity), but it also provides the option of choosing All Content, Exclude Member Reviews, or Status Updates Only.

So in both cases, I am able to avoid the noise of reviews when I want to and can click on reviews whenever I want to see one. A significant improvement for finding and interacting with posts.

Is your screen different?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

If it helps, I am seeing the same pages as erc although it did take me a little while yesterday to sort it all out.

Thanks Erc,

I didn't take the time to see the "Exclude Reviews".

I would question the design.  Many of complained that we want to see activity but not reviews.  I wonder how many want to see it all?  They designed it so we could shut off reviews, why not the reverse?

OK.  I did Exclude Reviews and now I only have a short list of threads.  Now what?  How do I get all except reviews?

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Closing this thread but we've updated the non-review activity that appears with our maintenance release tonight: The specified item was not found.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

The new site is a definite improvement but it would have been better if they had also included an "Exclude Reviews" option when Browsing All Content.  I still find myself going individually to Blog Posts, then Discussions, and Polls just to make sure I don't miss anything. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...