1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 17, 2013 6:48 AM by darrbee RSS

Marriott points won't count if purchased through Amex Travel

darrbee Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Is this true?  I just booked 2 rooms in Kona Hawaii through Amex travel.  They didn't show up in reservations but if I type in the confirmation number they do, but there is no way to add it so it shows up all the time.  I called Marriott and they said that you don't get credit because I booked with a wholesaler.

I can't believe that this is true.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott points won't count if purchased through Amex Travel
    darrbee Gold
    Currently Being Moderated

Well, I found the answer based on the responses in this forum.  They don't give credit if you book through Amex Travel.  So I have two choices.  Book the hotel seperate from the package and book the hotel through Marriott which means I lose the Amex points but gain the Marriott points and Amex points are much more valuable to me.  Or, and a much better choice in my opinion, is use a hotel associated with Amex when I book trips.  This way I get the points for the hotel from the hotel plus the points (which on Amex travel is like 3X). 

Sorry Marriott, you just make it to complicated.  If I stay at your hotels, no matter who I book through, you should honor the rewards program.  It is a minimal cost to you and it may actually improve your bottom line by gaining a valuable customer.  (This month I have been in Vegas, Hartford, New York and have 3 trips scheduled for December, 1 to Orlando, 1 to Honolulu and another to Kona.)  Two hotel stays are at Marriott so I will probably cancel the Kona hotel and rebook with someone else.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...