1 2 3 8 Previous Next 108 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2014 7:51 AM by sticks112 RSS

What were your best Marriott stays in the past 12 months?

erc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

While changing out my travel calendars and gearing up for 2014 (with nice trips scheduled in December) I reviewed my past year of travel and realized how fortunate I was to capture some terrific memories at Marriott properties, greatly enhanced by Insider input. As difficult as it was to rank my favorites, I thought it would be interesting for us to share with each other our best lodging experience over the past twelve months, as well as seeing how we value different service attributes.

What were your best stays? Please share one from each group - Full Service (Ritz, Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph) and Other Brands. Feel free to describe why it was your most enjoyable stay and if desired, mention a runner up. NO TIES, these are hotels, not children!  Lurkers, this is a tremendous opportunity for your first post - it will be a brilliant post, since you are the expert on what your best experience was .

merb and The specified item was not found.  you can play also since we're discussing best experience (so it's not like asking Mssrs. Sorenson or Marriott what is their favorite property).

Here are my selections of best experience at a Marriott over the past 12 months:

Full Service - The JW Marriott in Indianapolis (just edging out the Aruba Marriott) - We went to this property solely based on Insider input and couldn't have been happier with the outcome. Great customer service throughout the property, a fantastic corner room with lovely views, a superb Concierge Lounge with daily replenishing, an excellent restaurant, and even a turn down service that we met each night with loads of chocolates

Other Brands - The Residence Inn Richmond, Va. Northwest - (just edging the Residence Inn Muskoka Wharf Canada) - A consistent excellent performer, this is my go to property in the West End of Richmond when visiting my southern relatives. A well run breakfast, a pleasant fire pit, a location in the middle of some excellent local restaurants; what made this property stand out for me was, when checking in for my one bedroom suite with by wife and adult daughter, before I had barely even said hello, they welcomed us, thanked me for my platinum level of loyalty and informed us we had been upgraded to the two bedroom suite. Almost instantaneously, my daughter let out a "yeah baby" (or something like that in millennial speak) as she essentially was moved from sofa bed to bedroom! As any road warrior will tell you, the way to his/her heart is through thoughtfulness toward their family and this was a home run.

Ok gang, join in - best answer gets breakfast included at next Fairfield stay

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 1. Re: What were your best Marriott stays in the past 12 months?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

An excellent idea erc,

Full Service - Seattle Waterfront Marriott (just edges out The Woodlands Waterway Marriott in The Woodlands, Texas).  We have stayed at the SEA property many times and return due to the location on Elliott Bay, very close to Pike Place Market, wonderful dining within walking distance and simple to get to from SEA-TAC Airport.  The hotel staff customer service cannot be beat, the hotel is always crisp and clean, but the best part is the corner room with floor to ceiling windows and two balconies, one which wraps around the corner of the building.  Simpy a great place to enjoy some Washington wines as the sun sets over Elliott Bay and the Olympic Mountains.

Other Brands - Courtyard Gulf Coast Town Center. Another spot we frequent often and never been disappointed at all. The location is perfect for access to Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW), I-75, and many restaurants/bars in Gulf Coast Town Center.  The hotel is always clean, fresh, excellently maintained, a nice pool/spa and a nice sized King Suite on the corner of the top floor.  We were met with a smile at the front desk and thanked us for our return visit as well as being a loyal Platinum (gotta like that these days) and in seconds off we were headed to the room.  The room was immaculate, so nice to find a place which doesn't have drawers that won't close or bathroom walls that need painting, just a nice touch.  A visit to the bar brings an old familiar face as the bartender has been there since the hotel opened in 2007, he makes great cocktails all while keeping the glasses full.  We love our visits to this place and seem to look very forward to our return visits.  Not a finer CY around and still have free coffee in the lobby.....but don't tell anyone!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: What were your best Marriott stays in the past 12 months?
    politicalman Gold 3 Reviews

Fairfield Inn on the Eastern Shore/Spanish Fort Alabama is an award winning top 20% and is even better than that.  A little hard to find but it is one of cleanest, best run of all the Fairfield Inn's we have stayed in.  All the staff are great and it is near Mobile, Fairhope, and the Gulf beaches.  There is great shopping nearby and many fine restaurants in the area (East Shore Cafe in Daphne has the best blueberry pancakes.)

• 3. Re: What were your best Marriott stays in the past 12 months?
    Platinum 28 Reviews

Enjoyed a week at one of my favorite Marriott properties,  the CORONADO ISLAND MARRIOTT (San Diego, CA).

Highly recommend this wonderful property.

• 4. Re: What were your best Marriott stays in the past 12 months?

Love Coronado Island, particularly the little villa near the southwest end of the resort.  An incredible stay however; we didn't visit in 2013, last stay there was 2012, guess we have to return in even years.

• 5. Re: What were your best Marriott stays in the past 12 months?
    erc Platinum

That Seattle Waterfront Marriott is like the West Coast version of the JW Indianapolis, a lot of Insiders have raved about it. I'm going to put that on my wish list. Through anadyr's 'research', I know that you know exactly what room number that great room is. Insiders have rules very similar to The Fight Club, so when I'm ready to go, I'm sending you a 'fan mail from a flounder' note begging for the secret.

It takes a real man to name a CY, we're all proud of you .

• 6. Re: What were your best Marriott stays in the past 12 months?
    erc Platinum

We go on an annual fishing trip in Mobile Bay staying at Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, so this is great to know for a change of venue - thanks. MMMM, blueberry pancakes in the morning, red snapper for dinner.

tef6178 one day on these trips, I'm setting aside a couple of extra days and heading east to your neck of the woods. I'll give you a heads up so you can slip out of town .

• 7. Re: What were your best Marriott stays in the past 12 months?

erc,

Your research project of his works wonders!!  Mr. jerrycoin and I are not cheap, but we can be bought......maybe some Copper River Salmon during the season shipped directly here, or better yet, we all meet up there to pick out our own fish and the wife and I will get our great room and provide tours.

• 8. Re: What were your best Marriott stays in the past 12 months?
    curiousone Platinum

Oh man, no ties?! That makes it difficult. For top tier I will have to go with the JW Marriott Union Square in San Francisco. A great hotel with great service and a good CL. Also, a great location in the heart of SF. For second tier I would go with the Courtyard Portland City Center. Right in the heart of downtown Portland.

• 9. Re: What were your best Marriott stays in the past 12 months?
    erc Platinum

That's a good one, thanks. I've always admired the JW (from afar) and I've noticed they often have some good rates during each end of the year. With the way Portland properties have been rated in Insiders, superchief1's Coast Starlight train trip with stops at the SF and Portland properties (IAHFLYR, I'll swing by your waterfront digs for that room number and some grilled delicacies) sounds like a great idea.

• 10. Re: What were your best Marriott stays in the past 12 months?
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Renaissance CE in Paris  lovely hotel and great location to see a lot of Paris

• 11. Re: What were your best Marriott stays in the past 12 months?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Best stay was either the Renaissance in Nashville or the Bristol City Centre (where I was able to use up a couple category 4 certs that were about to expire). Loved the view from the 23rd floor in Nashville, but using certs for overseas travel is pretty hard to beat.

• 12. Re: What were your best Marriott stays in the past 12 months?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

IAHFLYR,

You are too funny!

Thanks for the mention.  Best place for me this year was:

Oxnard, Ca., Residence Inn.  "Totally comfortable, clean, and location allowed me to enjoy Santa Barbara to Hollywood!

• 13. Re: What were your best Marriott stays in the past 12 months?
    erc Platinum

Yeah, he's funny, like Tommy DeVito (Joe Pesci) in Goodfellas, he amuses me. Here's a photo     (taken for tax purposes of course) of IAHFLYR receiving payment for the room number (he said he'd share it with you).

Love me some Residence Inn, mmm waffles. Thanks for sharing.

• 14. Re: What were your best Marriott stays in the past 12 months?
    erc Platinum

Good stuff bejacob. Nothing like great views and great deals, especially for road warriors, for capturing and enjoying the 'thrill of the hunt'. Thanks for posting.

1 2 3 8 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...