16 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2013 11:31 PM by iahflyr RSS

November 11th

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

In two days I will pause and remember every veteran among us.I have a long list of fallen comrades who I remember and honor every day, but especially November 11th.  I see their faces, hear their voices, remember our times together--all too short--before they sacrificed themselves for me and for all of us.

Many of us volunteered to take up the banner, some were drafted, but for all who served, my gratitude.

Happy Veteran's Day, today and every day.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: November 11th
    bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

I will also be remembering some fallen comrades tomorrow.  Appreciate your post and Happy Veteran's Day to you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thank you. Yesterday I watched (for the third time) episode one of  Band Of Brothers, the HBO series, and was reminded of these fellows' sacrifices.  Happy Veteran's Day to all of us.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

So well put!  Agree!

Did you see the recent "Doolittle Event" in Indiana, for the last survivors of the famous raid?  Very touching!  This is the last one the few survivors will have!

I did see that Jerry. It was my honor and privilege to shake the General's hand at a Veteran's Day in the late 1980s.  He was a great man, and his memory needs to be honored today tomorrow and always.

anadyr,

That had to be a wonderful honor!

When you read about "The Doolittle Raid", it is beyond amazing.  Sadly, some of the crews were killed as POW's!

There are 4 left from the mission, and three showed up for the last ceremony.  One aged gentleman could not make it due to illness.  Wonderful event!

I am sure it was, and he was a great visiionary.

anadyr,

Thank-you!

Thanks for the link. 

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

It was an amazing feat as you mention, how anyone could get the B25's airborne in that short of a distance is just wild.  I believe it is be one if not the most incredible events in aviation history.

Happy Veteran's Day all, remember those who have perished, been injured, still fight for our freedom and those who have served on this very special day.

Amen to that IAHFLYR, well said.  I'm remembering today!

"This Veterans Day, on behalf of my fellow Afghanistan and Iraq veterans, I say to the country: There’s no need to thank us. You’re welcome for our service. But take a minute to talk with us. Ask us where we served, learn about what we did in the military and find out what’s next in our lives."

Chris Marvin, verteran.

I'm still thanking you for your service.  I served in the Army (25th Division) between the Korean and Vietnam Wars, so didn't see the action that you saw.  Yes, we loaded up during a couple of Laos Crises and actually were disappointed when we didn't get to go.  Can't imagine what you guys went through and appreciate you were there for us old-timers.  Rich Mandia, Veteran (bpelican)

Rich

It does not matter if you served overseas, in combat or whatever. You and all veterans were ready to go, sometimes at a moment's notice, to enter combat.  We did what we could, when we could, and served.  Happy Veteran's day to all of us.  At Orchard Supply Hardware (a Sears owned hardware store on the West Coast) today there was a 20% discount on all pruchases for vets, so I showed my VA card and both the cashier and I stood a little straighter, looked a  little younger, more fresh faced, and remembered days long ago.  Yes we served. 
                Yes were recall friends lost, yes we appreciate the newest and the oldest among us, this day and every day.

Roger (Anadyr), Veteran, Captain, US Army 1969-1972, Infantry

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I was traveling yesterday and stopped for a few minutes at the OKC memorial to pay tribute to those who died in the terrorist attack there on April 19, 1995.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

It is another wonderful Memorial that I hope brings us to always remember.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...