2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2013 10:40 AM by laurac RSS

lookin4ward2rest

lookin4ward2rest Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hello to All,

Although I had good intentions to write Marriott to say "thank you for hiring Ms. Kolbee F." who work at Springhill Suites at Norfolk Old Dominion, four months ago, I am saying it now .  After arriving from a grueling tour in Afghanistan which consisted of  working  continuously in a hostile environment with no days off, it was great walking into the hotel and greeted by a sincere warm smile, welcoming spirit and professional with great work ethics.  Ms. Franklin had no idea that her simple salutations, smiles, and just asking if there was anything  I needed, helped my transition to the states that much easier.  You see, after arriving back into the states, after traveling several days, I stayed on base for approximately three days and had to relocated due to the lack of space. Being in a pinch I  had  to find something immediately,  I went out as far as Greenbrier but didn't want to make that daily commute

(possibly three weeks).  When I found Springhill Suites, made my  reservations and stayed the first night.....it was home away from home immediately.  During my stay, I ran into some minor hiccups, Murphy law events:  room key not working due to lock, couldn't enter the garage several times (system was temperamental).  However, whenever I called, Ms. F happened to hear me out, service me with a smile,  and solved the issue at hands.  Come to think about it, I guess had frequent re-occurrences because she began to greet me by name..too funny, she has the patience of a saint.  Staying there was a peace of mind, a large piece of the puzzle that make us appreciate being home in USA.   Thank you Ms. F.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Norfolk, Virginia, USA SpringHill Suites By Marriott SpringHill Suites Norfolk Old Dominion University
  • Re: lookin4ward2rest
    laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, lookin4ward2rest, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

Best,

Laura & The Marriott Rewards Insiders Team

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: lookin4ward2rest
    laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, again! Thank you again for helping to acknowledge this associate and their outstanding service! As a result of your nomination, this associate has been selected to receive the Marriott Spirit to Serve award. Associates are honored to hear that they exemplify the values instilled by JW Marriott, and it means more knowing the recognition came from you, our valued guest.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...