1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 8, 2013 10:22 AM by iahflyr RSS

Scrub Island vs Ritz Grand Cayman

eltrain13 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm planning a 5 day trip in December 2013 to either Scrub Island or the Ritz Grand Cayman.  I'm mid-30's, single, and will be traveling alone.  Not looking for crazy night life or scene, but would like for there to be some worthwhile evening activities available. I scuba, snorkel, run and hike, and would like to do all of these without much hassle.  I'm also interested in local cuisine.  My biggest concern is Scrub Island may be too isolated, though GC may be too commercialized... a Goldilocks problem.  Cost of food/activities/amenities is not a concern.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands The Ritz-Carlton The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
Scrub Island, British Virgin Islands
BVI
  • Re: Scrub Island vs Ritz Grand Cayman
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi eltrain13,

Having been to both places in question I would say you're better off in Cayman maahn!   You won't be nearly as isolated as you will be at Scrub Island, but won't have the awesome ability to wander around BVI or USVI by boat either. Cayman is more commercialized for sure and the Ritz is located within walking distance to many things and local cuisine is superb....Chicken Chicken is incredible even though not much to look at! New Page 1

We loved Scrub Island for sure and will be returning this winter for another isolated relaxing week, the pictures are exactly how it looks. We have a full kitchen and will cook most of our meals using local fish and spices found on Tortola.  About the only evening activities on Scrub Island are sitting on the balcony with some wine watching listening to the water or going to the bar and listening to the local entertainment while enjoying some fine cocktails.  The ferry will take you to Tortola, but stops running around 10:45 P.M. so you might get over there and not get back to the island.

Scrub Island or Cayman.....I'd say flip a coin yet I'd be afraid Cayman would win!  There hope that helps.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...