5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2013 1:53 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Ranking Hotel Chains in  the US and Around the World?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I've stayed at a few non-Marriotts (NMS) in my career, as have many of you.  While this is not a scientific poll, can you tell me what you've liked and not liked at the various NMS that you've experienced.

I've found that Fairmont Hotels (based on a few stays) is top of my list for all things hotel-like

Reasons: excellent whatever you want we can do attitude on the part of staff, rooms that are very very nice, and wonderful food.

Four Seasons, where I have less experience and stays is second.

Price in this case begets service that is very much above an beyond amazing.  Shoe shining, valets on the floor, car service--you name it they do it.

Last, but certainly not least some Intercontinental hotels are also excellent.

Amazingly each of the hotels has a unique ambiance, a distinct character.  Like the other two above, the service is what makes the stays enjoyable.

Anyone else care to rank them (even if the ranking includes Marrriott branded properties?)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Ranking Hotel Chains in  the US and Around the World?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

Great question!

Want to share a recent stay at a non-Marriott, and I will try never to go back!  The BILTMORE, Santa Barbara, Ca., the most expensive hotel I have ever stayed, and NOT worth it.  It cost more for ONE night than the next four nights at The RI, Oxnard, and there I had a 2 BR loft/suite!

Not only was the Biltmore a "Big Deal/Not Worth it" (BTW, I had to stay there for a group meeting/excursion}, but the place was sold-out and the room I had was right next to the RR tracks, and it was miserable!  Don't want to sound "Cheap", because I am not, but as the famous saying goes, "Where's the BEEF"!

anadyr, I must say that I do enjoy Hilton properties (I'm Diamond), because they are in many more locations that I visit, than Marriott properties!

Marriott is the most "Consistent" place to stay for me!

Thanks again for the question!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Jerry,

A long, long time ago, the Biltmore was a Marriott and I did stay there then more than once.  I was given a good room and treated like royalty.  The food was very good.  I often wondered if it had gotten better once it became a Four Seasons.  I guess you answered that.

californian,

Had no idea it used to be a Marriott!  Likewise, I am sure if you had a "Wedding Party" or something similar, it would be most memorable.  However, when rooms start at $700+, per night, it better be pretty special, and I did not find anything that special.  The food was fine, but it should be at "Breakfast Buffet" prices that were really expensive.

Again, it may have been me, but give me a wonderful RI, and I am happy! (Or FF, for that matter!)

Here are a few photo's you may enjoy!

IMG_3309.JPG

Impressive entrance!

IMG_3312.JPG

Californian, yes, you are so right about the food!  This dessert was very good!  But it did come at a "High Price"!

In closing, for some, it is very special, but I have had the pleasure of a lot better experience, literally "Down the road", at 1/5 of the prices!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

When I went, the prices were high but not like now.  In the off season, they would offer, pay for 1 night and get a second free.  This made it better.  I was sorry when it stopped being a Marriott.

californian,

Yes, off season would be great!

September is very busy there.  They had a lot of gov't meetings and weddings!

Thanks for all of your information!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...