3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2013 3:14 PM by bayonneboy RSS

Executive Lounge County Hall

patrish Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I need information on what the Executive Lounge at Marriott County Hall in London has to offer.  We usually stay at Marriott's in the Caribbean (resorts) which either don't have or don't offer to gold members unless an upgrade is paid.  MCH offers Executive Lounge access but not to ages 17 and younger.  My grandson and son will be traveling with me and I'm wondering if I should indulge this information of my grandson's age up front so we would then eat breakfast in the restaurant there or should I be quiet and except what the Executive Lounge has to offer.  Last year I stayed at Marriott Park Lane and they also had an Executive Lounge that we never even used.  MPL gave us full English breakfast every day at no charge due to gold status.  I will achieve Platinum by the beginning of December.  I know that doesn't help me now.  Will we only get Continental breakfast even in the restaurant or does the Executive Lounge offer any hot food for breakfast?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall
  • Re: Executive Lounge County Hall
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

patrish,

The CL at County Hall does have a very good hot breakfast and your Grandchildren would be welcome there. (At least last May they would have been).  The CL is on the 4th floor, is smaller, but very efficient.   They are open all day for snacks and soft drinks and have comp'd beer and wine in the evening.  Their is also a nice "Happy Hour" where a nice hot appetizer or two are served in the evening.

One note, I tend to go up early and bring my dishes back to my room and enjoy them there.  Each to their own! 

You will find the CH location wonderful for your whole family.  Please check-out previous posts on CH, and please let us know if you have specific questions we can help answer!

Here are a few photo's that may help:

IMG_3238.JPG

CL staff members like Kate are most helpful.  She is attending to the needs of a most "Demanding" MRI member "SG"!  (Just kidding!), but the staff is very good!

IMG_1726.JPG

You will want to take everyone for a walk along the Thames!  That is CH to your right in this photo!

IMG_2169.JPG

Here's the CL!  Avoid peak times, or get there early and get a nice table!

IMG_1393.JPG

Try to get a room on the Thames side of CH!  This is the view you will get!

Hope you have a wonderful time!  Again, please let us know what specific questions you may have, and do review previous CH posts!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
    London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall
    bayonneboy Platinum 1 Reviews

I agree that the CL at County hall was fine for breakfast and evening snacks but be aware that if you have more than just your grandson and yourself they could change you extra for use of the CL. We had gone there for 5 nights in 2012 and we were told that my wife and I were allowed in the CL but my 2 daughters (ages 17 and 14 at the time) would have to pay a surcharge. I had never heard of this and this had never happened to me before or after this stay at a Marriott. As I remember, it was only about 50 pounds each for the 5 nights, so I paid it to have them take advantage of the lounge. I did note many children having breakfast and snacks at night with their parents( I wondered if they also paid?) so I don't think the age requirement was the reason. I did ask and was told that it was their policy. I also do agree that it is a great location and you get a nice view of the Thames, close access to Parliament and many tourist sites and I would recommend the property despite the glitch that I had.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

bayonneboy,

Yes, I have seen that "Log Book", and always sign in, but have never seen anyone actually pay for extra guests. 

That is a good point however.  Again, most of my snacks/meals have been in the room and never had an issue with more guests.  I would find it hard to imagine that people are paying extra for the children I have seen in the CL!

Make sure before you go sightseeing for the day you grab a bottle of water or two for you trip.  It will save you some time and money!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...