1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 4, 2013 5:04 PM by kathylu RSS

FEATHER FREE ROOM

tikoune Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have experienced twice terrible nights in some Marriott hotels that use a feather pad between the mattress and the sheet. I have asthma and I am allergic to feathers. I DO NOT understand how some Marriott hotels can use such an allergenic thing. It has been proven over and over that feathers are not healthy. The idea may be nice but the reality is not. I had asthma attacks. If you do not know how it looks like, think about not being able to breathe for a full night. Why using that feather pad ? It does not add anything. On the contrary feathers tend to pop out and bite your skin. Hotels like the JW Marriott in San Francisco and the Marriott in Scottsdale (the 2 hotels I know so far about) use them and do not mention it. When everybody is so adamant in advertising for health and non smoking hotels, etc, etc... why ?

Please pass the word so hotels management understand this concern. Most of the time they do not have a clue of what is a feather pillow and a foam pillow to start with.

From now on, I will have to ask for a feather free room, but they do not seem to even understand that a feather free room means not a single feather and they do not know that they have to vacuum the mattress itself, full of sticky feathers. Besides, they tend to get rid of the actual fluffy comforter that I love, thinking it is a feather comforter, for a flat pad.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
San Francisco, California, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square
Scottsdale, AZ, USA
  • Re: FEATHER FREE ROOM
    kathylu Silver 1 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

So sorry for you allergies.  I think I would love a feather bed to sleep on...it sounds luxurious!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...