26 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2014 5:17 PM by iahflyr RSS

Pick the waffle contest

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Okay folks. I'm firmly stationed in my hotel in Douala. I'll bet not many have stayed in such quarters, but I'll get to that in another posting....

I'll also try to get my $%#^ together and add a blog post for Brussels. Now for the topic at hand:

I had the pleasure of a long layover from PHL to DLA at BRU (Brussels Airport).  I met up with my niece who trained it down (about 2 hrs) from Maastricht, in the Netherlands. We spent a nice 5 hrs exploring the center of Brussels. Of course, as the walking was building up the appetite, we needed to replenish our strength with a waffle. From the attached photo, can you guess which one? Do any of the choices look good to you?

FILE0413.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Brussels, Belgium Marriott Hotels & Resorts Brussels Marriott Hotel
  • Re: Pick the waffle contest
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Photo?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Yes..photo..the one on the post that isn't there.....grrrrrrrrr.  I'll get it on there as soon as this site will let me. Sorry

erc Platinum

Do any of the choices look good to you? Are you kidding me? It's like choosing puppies, they all look great. You're going to have a hard time convincing me that you chose one without chocolate (although perhaps in front of your niece you chose the top tier one to the right - plain w/fruit and then went back for seconds), I'm guessing the middle row far right, the one with chocolate and the white, chocolate covered ball. Have a great trip.

"Like choosing puppies..."  good one.

Chocolate was involved. Just not that one.

Wow!  Too many choices tends to trip me up.  They all look quite nice.  I would have no idea what the pair of you picked (do tell).  Being a bit of a wierdo that I am, I would go with middle row, second from the right, or even plain, less being more and all that.

Need to tap into the resident expert of the Belgian waffle resource razorbackfan, and perhaps even erc.

Pluto,

I try to watch what/how much I eat these days so if I go for the sweets, it has to be a shared deal. Your choice was in the same neighborhood as ours.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

PP,

What a wonderful "Dilemma"!

Thanks for sharing!

JC,

It was a dilemma and would have been impossible if Mrs. Pained had made the trip. We'd still be trying every last one!

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

That's exactly what I was going to say...one of each!

rbf,

There was a day that I would have gone for the entire tray. Now, I'd just make it through one and a half, at the most. lol

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Why are you fighting off pythons?  I've heard of wrestling an alligator, but a python?

erc Platinum

Woke up and decided to delete the video of a Cameroon man hunting for python with his feet (a sort of hillbilly handfishing). I had seen a BBC report about the troubles of Cameroon street vendors selling bushmeat , pythons, and porcupines (reminded me of Andrew Zimmern in SE Asia) and when pained said he was in Cameroon, the report immediately came to mind.

But we're talking delicious Belgian waffles (next SpringHill stay, I'm adding toppings), so in commemoration of the new Insiders format, I decided to stay on topic.  Be safe pained, watch your step....literally .

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

PP,

Wonderful way to put it!

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Chocolate covered bananas and strawberries... YUM!

Aren't the waffles delicious?

texasvoyager Platinum 30 Reviews

Well that is a tortuously difficult choice.  Mmmm...  Wait that should be...  Hmmm....

Second row, last.  That looks like dark chocolate over white. 

Enjoy!

Second row last was kiwi covered in chocolate, I think. It looked really tempting, TVoy.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Tough choice.  Perhaps a sampler of each!

I hear ya, bp!  Maybe on a return trip with a treadmill at the waiting.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

erc,

Have you seen what Taco Bell is doing for you now to compete with the SH breakfast?

Taco Bell's New Breakfast Menu Will Unleash The Waffle Taco On America

erc Platinum

As a founding member of Waffles, Walnuts, and Whipped cream (it never really caught on like Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives) I did receive the press release. Beside the obvious fact that this is almost sacrilegious in a lovely post like Pain's (mmm, Belgian waffles) and that arteries across America haven't contracted in anticipation since the McGriddle, if Taco Bell thinks this is innovative, then I don't want to know what animal goes into their lunch tacos!

Nope, (until my trip to Brussels next year), I'm sticking with my pals at SpringHill where I can make them (by monitoring the timer) to the exact firmness I desire.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Had you spiked your hair, wore all the bling, drove a red convertible even it if was a Corvair you might have made the mark of AM radio!

erc,  We would like to see your pledge in writing... "I will not dine on a Taco Bell waffle". We need to take a firm stand here...no mixed messages!

IAH,  I did see this!! lol

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...