5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2013 11:36 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Concerts and Marriott's

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

While enduring some very wet and nasty weather the last few days I was aimlessly wandering through the TV channels and stumbled on to a great concert, Carole King and James Taylor Live at the Troubadour. 

As I watched the music icons and listened to the two glorious voices I started to think of concerts we've attended and hotels we've stayed while attending the concerts.  So I thought it would be fun to see where others have been to concerts and what Marriott's they may have stayed for the evening or longer when attending various concerts.

Here is what I can remember in no specific order:

ARTIST                                   VENUE                                     LOCATION                                                 HOTEL

• James Taylor                      Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre        Virginia Beach, VA              Chesapeake VA hotel | Hotels in Chespeake | Norfolk Marriott Chesapeake
  • Eagles                                        The Summit                                 Houston, TX                                             Renaissance Greenway Plaza
  • Eagles                                       Toyota Center                               Houston, TX                          Downtown Houston Hotels | Courtyard Houston Downtown Hotel
  • Billy Joel                                    The Summit                                  Houston, TX                                 Houston Galleria Hotels | JW Marriott Houston
  • Elton John                                  The Summit                                 Houston, TX                                  Houston Galleria Hotels | JW Marriott Houston   
  • Elton John                                 Toyota Center                               Houston, TX                                  Houston Galleria Hotels | JW Marriott Houston               
  • Elton John                                 Toyota Center                               Houston, TX                           Downtown Houston Hotels | Courtyard Houston Downtown Hotel
  • Paul McCartney                         Toyota Center                               Houston, TX                           Downtown Houston Hotels | Courtyard Houston Downtown Hotel
  • Paul McCartney                       Minute Maid Park                            Houston, TX                           Downtown Houston Hotels | Courtyard Houston Downtown Hotel
  • Don Henley                               The Backyard                                Austin, TX                                          South Austin Hotels | Austin Marriott South
  • Jewel                                        Verizon Theatre                             Houston, TX                                      Houston Galleria Hotels | JW Marriott Houston
  • Cher                                           The Summit                                Houston, TX                                              Renaissance Greenway Plaza
  • Faith Hill/Tim McGraw               Toyota Center                             Houston, TX                            Downtown Houston Hotels | Courtyard Houston Downtown Hotel
  • Steely Dan                         Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion      The Woodlands, TX                   The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel, Woodlands Waterway Hotel
  • Lionel Richie                     Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion      The Woodlands, TX                   The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel, Woodlands Waterway Hotel
  • Jimmy Buffet                     Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion      The Woodlands, TX                   The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel, Woodlands Waterway Hotel
  • Micheal W. Smith                     Lakewood Church                          Houston, TX                                     Houston Galleria Hotels | JW Marriott Houston            

Other concerts such as Lionel Richie in Las Vegas we stayed at the MGM, Chris Tomlin in Houston, Chicago in The Woodlands, Elton John in The Woodlands and we just came home.

Looking forward to your lists.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Branson, Missouri, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Branson
  • Re: Concerts and Marriott's
    cruisetraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

My favorites are:

Michael Buble- New York Marriott Marquis

David Letterman- New York Marriott Marquis (Ed Sullivan Theatre and then a Yankee's game (old stadium),  this was a great time)

Michael Buble- Renaissance Chicago Downtown

Elton John- Renaissance Chicago Downtown

Joe Bonamassa- Renaissance Chicago Downtown

Robin Williams- Renaissance Chicago Downtown

(Plays; Les Miserables, Wicked, Jersey Boys, Billy Elliott, Lucy Show, The Producers,,etc.. with all stays at Marriott's in different cities)

These are just some of our stays, We also try and go to one baseball game in another state per year. Of course our stay would be at a Marriott Hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

cruisetraveler,

That's a great list for sure. 

While I didn't list shows my favorites have been Jersey Boys, I Love You You're Perfect Now Change, Movin' Out, Chicago, Rent, Mamma Mia, Oklahoma most seen in NYC except for Oklahoma and Movin' Out, both in Houston.

Thanks for the reminder of shows!

cruisetraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

So far I have two favorite's Jersey Boys and Les Miserables. I will be seeing Phantom of the Opera in January 2014 with a stay at the Renaissance Downtown Chicago. Cats and Evita are also on my list to see. If you haven't seen Robin Williams yet I would recommended it.

I have not seen him as yet.....always loved him and his non stop energy.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

IAHFLYR,

Thanks for help bringing back some great memories, here are a few from me:

IMG_1762.JPG

Johnny Mathis, and the late Andy Williams, Branson, Mo, Christmas Shows!

Tony Bennett, SHS, Louisville, KY

Letterman, Neil Sedaka, Bobby Vinton, FF, St. Charles, MO.

Wow, there are many more, but all were great shows and fun!

Location Brand Hotel
    Branson, Missouri, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Branson

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...