19 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2013 6:43 PM by vaboywnder RSS

My "Soap Box" post for the day

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I've given away hundreds (really) of pounds of Marriott and other small hotel toiletries to the folks who send them to our troops overseas. I still have a partially full bag to give but want to add a few more items if I can. I used to have stuff from the late 1960s and early 70's but they are either in museum, for sale on e-bay or have been used in Iraq or Afghanistan.

In  the bottom of the bag I found these oldies but goodies, and have labeled them.

Have other insiders got anything older? Does anyone have any others, older from unusual places?

Here's some of my stash arrayed on top of my weathered work bench.  DSCN1331.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
  • Re: My "Soap Box" post for the day
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

anadyr,

We've adopted a somewhat similar concept and normally give our hotel/airplane amenities to the Women's Shelter in our County so don't have much to pick from today.  Here are a few I could find that we've hung on to over the years for some reason or another.

ResizedImage_1383162154680.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I have some Pan Am stuff--let me look for that

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

anadyr,

I remember the "Lather" lemon grass soaps.  Some of the Renaissance Hotels used to use them.

workworktravel Gold 3 Reviews

I am relatively new to this forum, and your thread caught my eye, because I LOVE collecting amenities from hotels.  The prettiest ones I've gotten from the Marriott Chain was at the Carlton Hotel in New York City.  They had Molton Brown products and the packaging's nice, though I have not stayed at higher-end Marriott hotels as of yet. 

On a side note I wish toothpaste/toothbrush combos were a more common amenity in US hotels; they are pretty common and provided even at lower end hotels in Asia. 

The most complex amenity kit I've seen is at the Grand Hyatt in Hong Kong; they offered a loofah, toothbrush/toothpaste, razor/shaving cream, a whole pack of makeup remover wipes, reusable laundry bags, bath salts, and a small bottle of mouthwash.  Granted the hotel is $300 +/night, but still, for me amenities make a world of a difference in my hotel stay.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to do a search on this forum, keyword: "soap"

Love the pics!

erc Platinum

IMAG2017.jpg

After dinner last night (and a few beverages) my wife and I saw your post and said, "what the heck" and went on a scavenger hunt.

Being empty nesters we have a 'backup' guest room and boy, did we find some stuff (some which appear toxic, so I'm glad we didn't have guests use them). We also found a costume jewelry necklace that my wife has been looking for, for about six-seven years!

Above are different soaps, a shoe shiner, the old marquis luggage tag, my original lifetime plat card from a decade or so ago and even some length of service pins (more than three decades old) and a Roy Rogers box - (my wife, we met at the HQ health club, worked for the restaurant division and Roy Rogers was Marriott's fast food division).

Other than also highlighting how goofy we are, it might also give insight into our strong feelings and loyalty towards Marriott.

Keep on keepin' on Insiders

kristengorsky Member

image.jpgOMG DID I SEE AVEDA PRODUCTS?!?

Please bring back AVEDA to Marriott!!!

kristengorsky,

The Renaissance Hotels still offer the Aveda products.    They are the best!

Anyone want to take a guess at which Marriott affiliated property these are from?

IMAG0280.jpg

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

oilmasters
      & IAHFLYR,

The Cosmopolitan is correct!!

erc Platinum

Hotel Belleclaire in NY also, there seems to be a causal link between C.O.Bigelow and distinctive stays (I've had a couple of other non-Marriotts with the goods).

IMAG1736.jpg

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...