7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2013 7:36 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Thanksgiving meal in the Flagstaff/Sedona area.

greg_woods Platinum 61 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Celebrating Thanksgiving while staying at the Flagstaff Courtyard.  Having trouble finding a good place to have a traditional dinner.  Any suggestions for places to eat that aren't already booked through the late evening hours?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Flagstaff, Arizona, USA
Sedona, Arizona, USA
  • Re: Thanksgiving meal in the Flagstaff/Sedona area.
    erc Platinum

To get the ball rolling (and to keep the post in front of eyeballs);

I was traveling through with young adults and we stopped at brewpubs and although delicious, not quite sure Norman Rockwell would approve (plus I doubt they take reservations).  With time being of the essence, here are a couple of links with Open Table reservations that had a few times available (for example  #4 L'Auberge and #37 Reds in Sedona and #19 Josephine's in Flagstaff). My suggestion, book something that looks interesting, and then revise based on Insider input. Good as they are, you probably don't want to be downing a last minute Simon's Hot Dog. Good luck

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

erc,

If they are going to dine in Sedona, you mentioned the place that I would choose:

L 'Auberge,  This is a wonderful setting and one of the finest place to dine anywhere.  Just make sure they are open, and if so, make an advance reservation.  Ask for a windowside table!

IMG_1860.JPG

IMG_1865.JPG

The scenery is wonderful, as you can enjoy this peaceful stream from your table!

Lastly, be careful of the weather!  That time of year it can change in a hurry!

Happy Thanksgiving, no matter where you dine!

erc Platinum

Greg, it's hard to beat a jerrycoin recommendation (w/pictures even), so if you can grab one of those rare reservations, it's probably a great time waiting for you and curiousone has led me to several great Arizona meals, so it looks like you're in pretty good shape.

In case they're booked, I did find another place that looks pretty interesting Hundred Rox. A buddy of mine says it's good, but he's a wheel w/Kimpton, so he's probably a bit biased -but it does look pretty good and the Kimptons in the DC area have excellent restaurants and Hundred Rox has several times available.

Hundred Rox, Sedona - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

Hundred Rox Restaurant | Sedona Dining | Amara Resort and Spa

greg_woods Platinum 61 Reviews

Thank you, alas all these fine choices are plum out of reasonable hours.  Appreciate the response though...was able to book Hundred Rox (below) whoch I will report back on after the fact.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Greg,

Have a wonderful time!

Don't forget to take your camera!  Also, hope you have a chance to take a walk down Main Street!  Here are a couple of neat scenes, or places to visit!

IMG_2988.JPG

There is plenty to do/see along Main Street!

IMG_1861.JPG

Plenty of wonderful "Western sights", to see along Main Street!

curiousone Platinum

In Flagstaff I would suggest that you try: Brandy's Restaurant and Bakery or Busters Restaurant and Bar. Both have provided good meals in past visits. No idea how they will be with T-day dinner. Buster's is a couple of blocks from the CY. Brandy's is on the other side of town. For me, I will be at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge buffet for T-day.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...