11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2013 9:26 AM by dejamo RSS

Platinum Premier Renewal

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'm Platinum Lifetime and Platinum Premium Elite.  Before I retired I was Platinum for many years, but as far as I knew there was no PE elite classification.  So I have no idea how I achieved it, nor do I know how to maintain it especially since I don't travel as much today (although will be well over 100 stays which doesn't include point stays).  I have definitely noticed the difference in upgrades and CS since I became PP and would like to have it lifetime.  So how does one retain PP Elite?  Appreciate any input you may have.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Premier Renewal
    erc Platinum

BP

Platinum Premier remains the Rewards Program riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. Marriott claims it is the top 3% of travelers, but then does not state what criteria they used in selecting the top 3% (it's not exclusively nights). So far there doesn't exist a Premier Lifetime status, and a gambling person would lay odds that there wouldn't be one in the near future either, given the way things are going. There are some good posts over to the right More Like This (in Orange under Actions) with similar discussion points. So until then, you'll just have to keep relying on your charm to get those upgrades .

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I appreciate your response.  I kinda figured that might be the case.

dejamo Platinum

Erc...................................I will behave on this one !

dej.jpg

erc Platinum

Hey, bpelican

I saw in a poll (which of course, I can't find now) that you had millions (I think 3) of Marriott points. If you ever fly United, here's a decent conversion rate below, using Marriott points to United miles and you might be able to book before the United jacks up their award charges in February - just an fyi.  (the bonus expires this month - November).

https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com/reg/PointsToMiles2013/index.html   the actual offer

A thread on flyertalk discussing the trade

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-including-ritz-carlton/1513674-convert-mr-points-ua-get-25-bonus.html

And as far as my good Insider pal dejamo; he's the darth vader of the forum (a plat premier like yourself), that grew weary of unmet promises, downgrading 'enhancements' and ongoing benefits erosion and took his team and its thousands of travel dollars to the 'suite' life of Hilton. He keeps us posted about the goings on over there. An insightful contributor (think Lex Luther), I don't know whether you should use your Doctorate in Psychology, your Sheriff background or both - but, you'll enjoy his occasional missives from 'the dark side'.

Thanks for the tip erc.  I'll be looking into United deal.  Appreciate your posts.  I've just started becoming more active on the MRI.

Thanks.  I really appreciate your participation in MRI.  I have been an exclusive Marriott patron for years and will continue to be.  Doesn't mean things are always ideal, but the Marriott properties I frequent come very close.  I like consistency when I travel and that's what I have always gotten from the Marriott brand.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Hi BPelican.

Many of us Insiders would agree whole-heartily with what you just spouted.  Consistency is very important to us, and for the  most part, Marriott delivers.  Of course, we all love little surprises too, don't we?  A random gift upon check-in.  An upgrade that comes out of left field.  These things count as well.

shoeman

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

E-mail dated 01/21/2010 from Marriott after sending an inquiry:

The Platinum Premier status offers one additional benefits.  Platinum Premier members have access to a phone number that assists with reservations, rewards program requests, and Marriott Rewards account inquiries. This upgrade is done as a system wide update and only the top three percent receive the Platinum Premier status for one year.  Our corporate offices have informed us that the qualification process is based upon a comparison of Platinum member accounts.  If you qualify for this status, you will be notified by our corporate offices.

My follow-up question: Is the top three percent criteria based solely on the number of nights earned (bonus and paid) -AND/OR- does the annual amount of money spent at Marriott by a MR member have any influence in reaching this status?

Reply: As the Platinum Premier status is awarded through the Marriott Corporate headquarters unfortunately we do not know the exact qualifications for this status. However what I do know is that the account is looked at as a whole; this will include amount of nights at Marriott Hotels and the dollar amount spent at the properties.

Appreciate your response.  It makes the PPE status clearer to me.

dejamo Platinum

Clear as mud !

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...