4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2013 8:47 AM by bpelican RSS

Maid to Order

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

In the elevator tonight  I saw a housekeeping manager with a clipboard, and I asked her if there was a turn-down service. Looking at me inquiringly, I realized that she was not that proficient in English so I switched to my rudimentary Español (her name tag said she was from "Mexico") "Can I have a chocolate for the evening?"  She asked how many, and I said "Dos" or two.

I left the hotel and returned to find two cups of Hot Chocolate on my dresser.  My Spanish needs work I guess.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Maid to Order
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Rule 11, never attempt to interrupt a workers job with your knowledge or lack of in another language!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I guess I am wondering how a person with limited to no English skills could be in this position? But then, hey what the heck, it's all good,

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

The non English speaking Housekeeper appears to be the rule and not the exception. 

For safety's sake the person should at least know enough to say "no English" or "I will get someone who can help."

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...