10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2013 7:48 AM by fschumpert RSS

Seattle Marriott Waterfront or Renaissance?

netmgr Platinum 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

ottI have a business trip to Seattle and my wife will be joining as she has never been to Seattle (early November)  She will not have a car and since I will be away for during the day for work, what would be your preferred hotel?  Where should I book so she can walk and enjoy a bit of Seattle? Am going to take an extra day off and check out the site with her (kids are staying with Grandma so a nice getaway for my wife). Any suggestions on sights, restaurants would be appreciated.

thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Seattle, Washington, USA
  • Re: Seattle Marriott Waterfront or Renaissance?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

netmgr,

Please go to previous posts on both hotels.  Check out the reviews, you can't go wrong either way.  I am only familiar with The Waterfront Marriott, and it has been a wonderful experience during my stays.  From that hotel, there is plenty of sightseeing, shopping and nearby dining.

Hope you can get some good information from these previous posts.

As you have specific questions let us help you with answers that will help save you both time and money!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

netmgr,

The Waterfront is what I'd select  as it is actually just below Pike Place Market, Belltown, great shopping/dining in the area and overlooks Elliott Bay.  The Renaissance is about 10 blocks up the hill from Pike Place Market and is a pretty good hike from all near to the waterfront. 

While I've never stayed at the Renaissance and have at The Waterfront numerous times and enjoyed our stays without fail, as jerrycoin mentions look at what others have posted about Seattle and both hotels.  You'll also find some great pictures contained in some of the threads and in the photo albums. 

Seattle is a great city with many options both day and night.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

I am a big fan of the Renaissance - more detail here: Seattle Renaissance - very happy

netmgr Platinum 7 Reviews

Thank you for all the posting helping choose the right hotel. I did stay at the Marriott Waterfront and can say it was perfect. First off, the hotel itself is very nice and the staff was outstanding. Did get a nice upgrade to a corner room with great views of the waterfront district. The CL was well stocked with food and the prices on beverages was very reasonable.

The hotel is in walking distance to many of the great Seattle tourist sights. Argosy cruises, Giant Ferris wheel, Aquarium, Pikes Market and more restaurants & clubs/bars than we could visit in 4 days.

This was a 5-Star trip from my perspective and more importantly, my wife had a great time.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

netmgr,

Great news, love reading that you were treated well and enjoyed the hotel.  You nailed it, if the wife has a good time then it's all good.  Glad the Insiders were able to help ya. 

Let us know more of your travels as the group of Insiders is very well versed in many different facets of traveling.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

I've been traveling to Pacific NW for over 15 years and have stayed all over Seattle area and eaten at a number of restaurants.  I normally stay out of downtown in Bellevue area or south, but most recently stayed at Renaissance, downtown, which is quite nice. It's "uptown" (on a hill), so it's a little more taxing to walk to/fro from shopping and waterfront than the Marriott Waterfront, but Renaissance is much less expensive.

Regarding restaurants, try these - Cutters Crabhouse - 2001 Western Avenue, near Pike Street Market - you can park underneath and take elevator to restaurant - Ph: 206-448-4884) - http://www.cutterscrabhouse.com

It's worth the drive South to Tacoma to eat dinner at Stanley & Seaforths - 115 East 34th - Ph: 206-473-7300 - might call not only for reservations, but also directions: Exit 133 off I-5 and follow signs to Mt. Rainier, exit on 38th St. W, right on Pacific to 34th. You can park underneath.

For nice outdoor evening dining, recommend "bin on the Lake Wine Bar & Restaurant, 1270 Carillon Point, Kirkland, 20 minutes from downtown Seattle, 5 minutes from Bellevue - Ph: 425-803-5595 - again you can park underneath the Woodmark Hotel.

However, if you want a real treat for special occasion, and don't mind the extra expense, drive East toward Snoqualmie, 30-45 minutes from downtown Seattle, and eat at the Salish Lodge overlooking Snoqualmie Falls. Their 7-course Sunday buffet is a lifetime experience you'll never forget, but you absolutely need reservations: Ph: 206-888-2556

Hope this is helpful.

Fred

donethat Platinum 5 Reviews

Waterfront without a doubt.  Your going to visit that area anyway, more fun to stay there.  Great running in the am too.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...