10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2014 6:59 PM by kk_z1 RSS

e-folio not timely

bonzaiflyer Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

According to the setting for e-folio in your marriott.com website, you can opt to have e-folio sent to you - "Have an electronic version of your hotel bill emailed to you within 72 hours of check-out after every stay. (Not available in all countries.)"

Has anyone consistently received their within the 72 hours?  And why 72 hours?  Starwood has mine in my email inbox typically before I check out, while Marriott is lucky to meet their own 72 hour target.  For example, today is October 24, I stayed at the Marriott West Palm Beach Oct 11-13 and just this morning received my e-folio.  Meanwhile, I'm sitting at my desk at the Sheraton Iowa City, I checked in on October 21 and am leaving today and I already have my folio for this stay.

I usually check out on Thursday, and if it was a Marriott brand, it's not uncommon for my e-folio to arrive on Monday or Tuesday the following week. 

The West Palm trip wasn't business, so I wasn't worried about getting the e-folio, so I thought I'd just let it play out.  So it took 11 days for what?  This trip is for business, and it's nice that I already have it as I can get this entered into my expense report now.

Time to step up your game here Marriott.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: e-folio not timely
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

You bring up a very good question.  I haven't used e-filo with Marriott as I used to just put my bill in with other travel documents however; seldom use paper boarding passes so I will have to opt for e-folio.

I will say that when I return an Avis car my email receipt is in the inbox before I get to the terminal building, so I agree Marriott needs to step up again to the 21st century.

merb and The specified item was not found., here is an excellent question that bonzaiflyer has asked.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kk_z1 Gold 13 Reviews

I have signed up for efolios and generally received it 2-3 days after my stay. I am sure we will get the clarification by The specified item was not found. but when I inquired at several properties I was told the same timeline. Another thing to note is that for one of my stays when I made a request to send me the copy I was sent a PMS report (for some reason I couldn't get that to open). eFolios generally get posted in the account activity page at the same time when you get an email from "Thanks for staying!"

Also, another note that some properties will slide a paper copy of your bill in your room the night before you are scheduled to check-out (they do mention that your final bill may be different and is dependent on any pending charges that may not have been reflected in the system).

bonzaiflyer Platinum

Here's a funny one.  I booked a stay the ATL Gateway Marriott on 2/12 for 2/13 one night.  On 2/13 at around 1530 hotel time (cancellation policy was by 1800), I cancelled the stay and received a cancellation confirmation email.  That's the way it should work.

Then on 2/15, I received an e-folio for the stay, showing a room number, a $0.00 charge for Highband, for a total of $0.00.   Fastest I've ever received an e-folio.

What the heck?  Concerned what might have happened, I checked my credit card on line, didn't see anything, so I'm ok there.  But just to make sure, I called the PP line and was assured that no charge was made or forthcoming.  Amusing, but a waste of my time.  Geez.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

My experience here is that it's up to the local property.  Some of them get it out within a couple of days and others not so fast.  If you travel a lot you really have to monitor your stays.

Platinum 28 Reviews

For the last 12 to 14 months when checking in at a full service, Marriott managed property, I specifically request an e-folio if not on their copy of the reservation (which is ridiculous as their copy should be identical to mine).  That said, I have had folios arrive into my in box no later than 48 hours after check out.

Recent problems have been at hotels not managed (Spring Hill, a Residence I have stayed at a few times) by Marriott.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I am finding the folios a hit or miss proposition.  not sure why that is the case.

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

For awhile I was not getting them sent to my email, but in February I have been 3 for 3 on getting folios after my stay.

kk_z1 Gold 13 Reviews

I recently stayed at Courtyards and interestingly enough, I got the folio for the stay on Feb 26th but have not received the one for Feb 24,25th. I will wait and see if it gets posted in the next couple of days but still doesn't make any sense that you get the folio for a later date first

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

I think I've been getting my e-folio in a timely manner, but I haven't been really following them closely. My points haven't been posting and Marriott Rewards customer service told me that east coast weather has been causing a lot of issues with their systems and processing.

kk_z1 Gold 13 Reviews

So, I just came back from my stay this week and am yet to get the folio or points/nights credit posted for last week's stay. I guess I will have to wait for 3 more days and then the online system will let me submit a missing stay request. Inconsistency all the way

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...