14 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2013 11:37 AM by madmax RSS

50 states, 50 burgers

sg1974 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

what are peoples thoughts?

50 States, 50 Burgers | burgers - Zagat

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, New York, USA
Key West, Florida, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West
  • Re: 50 states, 50 burgers
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Honolulu Burger Co. for Best Burgers in Honolulu, Hawaii | Honolulu Burger Company Hawaii huh?  The Blue Hawaii Burger specifically?  I do not agree.  It's local, yes, but so are others.  My favorite thus far is the Pete's Classic Burger at Monkeypod Kitchen. 

_MG_3516.jpg

This bad boy is made with pure Big Island Beef, umami mushrooms, Gruyere cheese, arugula, and horseradish crema.  Better yet, you can have this burger with a side of truffle fries and a ice cold beer/wine.  An even bigger plus, Monkeypod Kitchen is across the street from the JW Marriott Ihilani! 

Monkeypod Kitchen Restaurant in Wailea, Maui and Ko' Olina, Oahu

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

kharada46,

Now that's a burger and then some.......yummy and the horseradish crema just gave me an idea.  Hey, also heard you guys have an In-N-Out now in HNL, how long has that been open?

IAHFLYR

It's amazing!  So what's your idea grill master? 

First ides from the grill master is to mix the horseradish crema into the meat and let it sit for a while.  Not sure how that will work......otherwise and maybe both, when grilling the burgers kind of baste the crema on the burgers a few times.

Ah, that sounds like a good idea!  Sounds like it'll add a nice heat to it! 

What a great link sg1974,

I'm going to pick the Bison Burger in Bozeman, Montana, as my favorite closely followed in Santa Fe, New Mexico, with the Green Chili Burger.  Now to find a way to make both of them at home on the grill.

Where is our grilling expert from STL, oh Mr. jerrycoin, this is some real fall grillin!!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

IAHFLYR,

I'm right here, and enjoying it!

There are so many great ones, it's very tough to begin.  Many of the places don't live up to the hype, once you get there!

Just my experience.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

I am from NJ and the place they have listed is White Manna. I work literally 5 minutes from there and I have never been. I do hear they are tasty though. There is a traffic light directly in front of the place and when I have my windows down stopped at the light I can smell the wonderful aromas. I will have to try it and get back to you.

erc Platinum

Sadly (proudly?) I've eaten seven of these bad boys. My daughter called the Alaskan specialty Lord Barf off, but in spite of her 'hippie, bohemian views', it was quite tasty. I just knocked off the Tell Tale Heart at Poe's Tavern at Sullivan's Island SC (no, IAH, it wasn't dolphin) and my nephew essentially forced me to try the Richmond, Va. Carytown Burger 2 lb. monster. Tasty, but I couldn't finish, not sure if it was the volume or my wife's glaring eye, "who do you think you are Adam Richman?" (Man vs. Food). I'm having a salad for lunch today gang

erc,

That's great that you have enjoyed many off that list......but a salad after reading of those joints, come on man!!   Oh, speaking of Adam Richman, have you ever seen him tackle a salad on Man vs Food, I haven't?  Just food for thought.  I'm going to have sushi for lunch!!

erc,

Whatever you do when in Waikiki, do not eat at Cheeseburger in Paradise!  Horrible!  If you have a burger craving, best place to go in the area is Teddy's Bigger Burgers by the zoo.  Not local or as creative as Monkeypod Kitchen, but the burgers are good!  They have some specialties (like one made with Kilauea Fire bbq sauce) and the best shakes in all of Hawaii! 

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Sg,

I thought you had a refined palate.  Don't ruin it for me, man!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

sg1974,

If I could suggest one place, for one burger in the US it would be:

Jimmy Buffets.JPG

Jimmy Buffet's, Key West, Florida, for a "Cheseburger in Paradise"!  It is really a special, fun place to visit!

Are their better in the US?  However, for the full package, this place is very good!

Location Brand Hotel
    Key West, Florida, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews

Try these places in Oklahoma out for a great burger

Meers - Store & Restaurant

If you're into onions, try At Dan's Ol' Time Diner, low-key mixes well with high-quality burgers | News OK for the best onion burger around...all home made

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...