2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2013 4:34 AM by kharada46 RSS

certificates

catbee Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I have free night certificates, and want to let my son use them to take a couple of vacation days away from college. I just go off the phone with the rewards department, and they say I can't do that, that these are non transferable.  He's family, I don't consider that a transfer. They are my certificates, and I should be able to do with them what I want. I don't have this problem with other hotel programs.

The rep on the phone said if I didn't show up, they would charge him for the room.

I stay in a hotel, probably 100 nights a year or better. What can I do, to make this happen, without problems. I will probably start spending more nights at other chains.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: certificates
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

This question has come up many times before and from what I read, no one has been able to allow someone else use the certificates.  It would seem to me that allowing your son to use them should be fine but I don't work for Marriott.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: certificates
      kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

catbee,

californian is absolutely right in answer and opinion.  The terms say the certificates are not transferable and must be used by the account holder only.  This despite being able to book a room for someone else on points.  Go figure though.  I'd still love to see the ability to share your account with a spouse or do a family point pool... But even more so, I'd like to have award stays to qualify for elite qualifications   

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...