1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 22, 2013 6:25 PM by cruisetraveler RSS

how many points at each hotel

wolterjwb Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I looked through the discussions and could not find the answer I was looking for so if anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.  I usually have up to three options in the city I am going to for choice of hotel...usually between Residence Inn, Springhill Suites, and Fairfield Inn.  Since to company is paying for the room, I only get the points associated with staying there.  I was wondering how the points I receive for staying there are determined.  An example is I stayed five nights at a Residence inn and got say 2500 point (forget exact numbers).  On my way home, I stayed at a Fairfield Inn for 1 night and received almost half the points from the 5 night stay.  I was wondering if someone could answer how points are determined or point me to a thread that answers this. 

Thanks much,

Jimmy

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: how many points at each hotel
    cruisetraveler Platinum 3 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi!

I just was reading this and thought it maybe helpful;

When is a stay not eligible to earn points?(copy/paste)

Point accrual is limited to individual travel and the room must be paid for individually by the member. If a member attends a convention or group meeting and individually pays Marriott directly for the room, he/she will be eligible to receive points for the stay. However, contract rooms (rooms reserved by corporations on an ongoing basis), master-billed rooms and rooms booked at the Marriott Associate Rate are not eligible to earn points. Points earned from room contracts or military rates at certain overseas locations are subject to local restrictions, and may be ineligible for credit. Wholesale packages and series tours booked through a travel agent are not eligible for points.

(Rewards account frequently asked questions)

I was also wondering if you would have been able to get the stay, but I guess not from this information noted below (copy.paste)

What is the definition of a "stay"?

A "hotel stay" or "stay" is defined as the total of consecutive nights stayed at a participating Marriott hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. The room must be registered in the member's name, individually billed, and the member must personally stay in the room for the stay to qualify for points earning.

It would have been nice to get something out of your stay. Hope this is helpful

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...