9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2016 8:37 PM by sean61 RSS

Why is there is decline in Customer Service and Respect in Marriotts?

sadenheart Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I have been reading some of my fellow Marriott Rewards members complaints and some of it is just not exceptable at all. Marriott's strive for years hell it's

been tradition to always place the customers needs first. I have noticed a decline this year as well in customer service among northern Marriott Properties

two to be exact right here in Downtown San Francisco. (1) The Marriott Marquis Hotel in San Francisco well the story is too long and requires step by

step. When The MOD stands by and allows an Marriott Gold Member in Good Standing While on the phone in the lobby with reservations and starts to

be harassed my security personnel again. during his stay that becomes a problem especially when the security decided to place his hands on him. and

punches him in the face ect.... The Whole entire management needs in overhall in that situation. I have waited for a response or explanation from corporate

and well they are speechless I think intentional. I had my company do some research and this property has had over 252 Consumer complaints in 2013

I have nno words for that at all.  My advice is if you want to be treated with respect go to the JW MARRIOTT property I think they could teach them a think or

two about service. I have also advised my travel staff to stay away from the Marriott Marquis Hotel San Francisco until we are satisfied that the Marriott

service model is in place among all guest and there is no longer a threat of violence from any employee. or third party security guard. I and the company

have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to this sort of behavior. Someone from Marriott International, Inc needs to come down and scrap some dishes.

Because me personally or any VP's guest or our company employees won't stand for it.  This Marriott Marquis Hotel in SF needs the light shined down

on it.  There has also been a few Courtyard Properties in the surrounding areas but nothing like this.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
San Francisco, CA, USA
  • Re: Why is there is decline in Customer Service and Respect in Marriotts?
    spaz102 Silver 2 Reviews

I agree that some hotels have a lack of customer service but let's think about it for a minute. We live in a world that has impersonal gadgets like IPOD, IPHONE, IPAD, SMART PHONES, Facebook and other social media sites.

Some people just don't realize that they need a warm welcoming tone when they deal with us the customer. I worked in customer service for over a decade so this is my area of expertise.

I have been at hotels owned by the Marriott that is the opposite of what you say. My current hotel in Midtown Manhattan

is very customer friendly.

Another reason maybe that they don't like their job so they take it out on us the customer. They may not realize it but without the customers there is no job to come to and no money to pay the bills.

I learned during this trip to communicate my needs clearly and love people regardless of how they may treat me.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Over the past year or so I have definitely seen a deterioration in housekeeping.  Upon check-in the room is not adequately cleaned (including used towels still hanging on the shower rod).  The daily cleaning of the room is superficial in many cases (popcorn kernels on the floor).  Even when we have tipped the housekeeping associate in the middle of our stay the room cleaning is still substandard.  I've noticed this trend not just in the smaller properties, but also in the full-service Marriott properties.  Of course this could be me getting older and more crotchety.

barrpat Platinum 7 Reviews

Yep, I too will share my full tale of woe with a "Marriott" branded property in a few; I was wise enough to document a whole lot of my recent interactions and observations. I am just still just trying to make sense of what makes no sense in my case. I am a lifer, parents lifers, and my grands would only stay Marriott in their travels. The fourth generation of my clan have begun their own relationships with being Marriott people. Hey, perhaps it is time that those of us who have these loyalty relationships to Marriott begin to really open our eyes to what we, our dollars, bring in other business, and good words and  good will toward Marriott really mean. "Some" of these properties have staff that are truly, truly enacting harm on the Marriott name and brand.

I am in a holding pattern because I am still willing to give a brand that has meant so much to me time to course correct. For twenty-eight years of my own relationship with Marriott, often in far flung corners of this planet, I can only sing the highest praise; but of this last year or two I have concerns.

I have stated time and time again; it is time for members of the core Marriott inner circle, top executives in Maryland, and other "trusted" eyes and ears to get into whatever has motion and make surprise visits to some these "things" operating under their banner.

No, not totally ready to run for the hills, but I am concerned and troubled.

sean61 Platinum 3 Reviews

Why?

Because the executive management of Marriott International does not respond in a timely manner to customer complaints meaning they are tone deaf to the problems in their business.   I am very done with Marriott.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...