12 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2013 2:09 PM by richard37075 RSS

Why can't points be used at some Paris hotels?

chautauquany Gold 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Tried to use points for a reservation at Marriott Champs Elysees and no reservations are available for the next 12 months.  Are there blackout times that I

haven't heard about before

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Champs-Elysees, Paris, France
  • Re: Why can't points be used at some Paris hotels?
    QatariTourist Platinum 1 Reviews

Hi,

This is weird thing, it have never happened to me. I advise you to call Marriott Rewards customer Care. The can be reached on the following number:

1-800-321-7396 (United States)

00 800 399 42290 (Europe)

Good Luck

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Hey chautauquany,

You're certainly not alone in your curiosity of not being able to use reward points 12 months out, not only in Paris but other spots around the globe as well.  There are a few threads running on this issue and we are supposed to be getting a reply from our MI Super Moderator merb one day soon. 

Your screen name got my attention as about 1,000 years ago when in my very early teens growing up in northeast Ohio we had a summer house at Pt. Chautauqua!!.  Great to see the Bemus Point-Stow Ferry still in operation during the summer.

http://sealionprojectltd.com/ferry.htm

Capture.PNG

Thanks for your input.  Last trip (2012) I stayed at the Renaissance Arc de Triomphe, but had choice of Champs E. and every other Paris hotel.  We loved the hotel and the neighborhood, but wanted to try something else. 

IAHFLYR--Still living on Lake Chautauqua here in NY--and loving it.  Last time I visited Texas it was to stay with relatives in The Woodlands!  Small world.

richard37075 Platinum

I was in Paris last year and was able to book rooms at the Champ and AdT property no problem about 10 or 11 months out.  We ended renting an apartment in the 16th instead, so I canceled both of the rooms.  I'm not sure what your dates are, but I did a quick search again for Paris as a whole using points for the August/September/October timeframe, staying either 4 or 5 nights and saw lots of availability at the Champ property.  Use the Flexible dates selection, and alter your number of nights you want to stay and you will find out the exact availability of the hotels.  It might be that one night of a 6 or 7 night stay isn't available and that is what is killing your search.  Also, keep looking for the exact dates you want.  Reward calendars seems to come and go availability wise.

When I first looked for a room and indicated I wanted C-E and wanted to use points, C-E was not an option, and when I looked through the months for availability for C-E, there was no availability in any month.  Last night, I went on and just indicated a Paris hotel for 5 nights and C-E option came up and showed availability. Not sure why there was no availability when I was looking specifically at C-E when first looking.  Thanks for your help.

IAHFLYR (not sure how to highlight that)--we live directly across from the town of Lakewood--prime spot for the fireworks on the fourth of July.  Am originally from Michigan but lived in Cleveland Heights for several years after graduating from college.  So, don't tell me the spot you are from is the east side of Cleveland!

richard37075 Platinum

Glad I could help.  It's amazing the little tricks you learn when trying to get "stuff" booked.

Have a great trip.  Now the hard part, waiting till next year this time.

chautauquany,

You mean highlighted in blue?  Simple, first you type the @ and then start with the screen name and poof, there ya have it!  Okay I won't tell you where east of town I lived for a few years the before moving to Florida.

OK, am too curious.  You lived in Ohio when you were growing up and again before moving to FL?  Outside of Cleveland?

Yes, grew up (loose term, I'll never actually grow up) until 7th grade when we moved to Southwest FL where I lived until 20.  Parents remained there until they passed in the early 2000's while I moved to N.C. and then Texas.

Hey merb and The specified item was not found., how we doing on finding out about these places you can't even book a room using reward points, even 335 days out?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...