6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2015 12:13 PM by iahflyr RSS

Concorde - 10 years on

sg1974 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Interesting information.

Did anyone fly on the Concorde?

Graphic: Concorde 10 years on - Telegraph

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, England
London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall
  • Re: Concorde - 10 years on
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Very interesting reading.  While I never flew on the Concorde I have had the pleasure of watching it land and take-off a couple of times......nothing like it.

Thanks for posting the article.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

sg,

IMG_3241.JPG

sg, you are sitting close to a lady who flew on the Concorde seven times!  When we get together in Feb., we can have some "Concorde" stories to share with you!  Still have some of the "Memorabilia" that each passenger was given on each trip!

BTW,  I see a lot of "Medication" on our table!  The "Ladies" were at it again!

Location Brand Hotel
    London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Yes, an interesting read.  Thank you.  I have not flown on the Concorde either (however my grandmother did once).  The take away from this post (for me) is that I did not realize that standard commercial passenger flights from NY to London take as long as 7.5 hours.  Having never flown to London from the east coast, I imagined that flights were perhaps only about half as long as flights from the west coast, and thus have always been jealous of my east coast fellows, since non-stop flights from LA and SF to London are over 10 hrs.  Perhaps now I’m not, well at least quite as jealous as I was.

With conventional flight times being about twice the flight time of the Concorde, having the seats that convert to beds in first class is not a bad trade off in my opinion, considering the price differentiation between a Concorde flight and a conventional first class flight. 

This of course being a moot point for such as myself, a steerage only passenger.

ramoneur Platinum

Sadly I have not had the privilege of being a passenger aboard the Concorde...

My first business trip flights started a few years after the crash.

Having sat in some unusual planes before, it pains me a bit that I have missed out on this plane;

It's a bit like collecting autographs (from real meetings/persons), and your favorite actor died before you got the change of meeting him.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Flight AF 054 - Dulles to Paris on November 18, 1977  - The days when Air France sent you a certificate for breaking the sound barrier (hanging on my wall )

Would you believe that Air France was suffering from a one day "strike" that day but it didn't affect the Concorde flights

(only the French would think of something like that)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Actually many European strikes don't impact every aspect of the company.  We were to leave Naples, Italy for Munich, Germany a couple of years ago when the Lufthansa Flight Attendants were to be going on strike however; it was only a strike that would impact flights into and out of Frankfurt, Germany so we had no issue at all.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...