10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2013 11:21 AM by kharada46 RSS

Marriott Hotels in Films/TV

absolutelegend1 Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Have any Marriott Hotels that you stay at feature in any good (or not so good) films or TV shows?

I was watching "Luther" last night (a very good British police drama) and he was was having a shoot out in the corridors of the London Heathrow Renaissance.  It was made particularly interesting as I was watching it whilst staying in the hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Hotels in Films/TV
    erc Platinum

Fun post absolute. I used to always look for Marriotts, but here are a few that my feeble mind can recall (due mostly to the distinctive features):

Manhunter (prequel to Silence of the Lambs) the 'Manhunter'  (the CSI guy William Petersen) stayed at the Atlanta Marquis

Layercake (an enjoyable/well I enjoyed it, early Daniel Craig film). Michael Gambon (Dumbledore, but much, much more) was a mob boss who hangs Craig over the roof of the London Marriott West India Quay.

The San Diego Marriott Marina was in Traffic  and I'm pretty sure one of the Friends episodes for Ross's weddings also had some Marriott scenes outside Marble Arch.

The one I won a bet with some pals was Old School where the Wilson boys met at a Marriott, which wasn't, it was another LA hotel.

And whereas my wife's home as a kid was in True Lies and it was all around the DC town - no Marriott.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Forgive, for I am weak, but - with full acknowledgement that I'm off topic - Liam Neeson's wife (former Bond girl, Famke Janssen, later Jean Grey/Phoenix) recently was TAKEN (in TAKEN 2) from the Legacy Ottoman hotel in Istanbul, which is where I stayed the last time I was there.... Nice place, terrific food, great location... If you stay there, I strongly recommend paying for the upgrade for one of the rooms with windows overlooking the Bosporus, which is gorgeous!!!!

Now I'll crawl back into my shell for my lack of topical discipline....

erc Platinum

Ha, ha, ha - that's rich (don't get me started on films or we'll have to discuss the tragic passing of his real wife Natasha Richardson and then into the Redgraves we go).

Now as the guilt ridden ssindc advises, back to absolutelegend's interesting post

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

True Lies -- Arnold was riding the police horse chasing the guy on the motorcycle when the horse stopped at the edge of the Marriott roof.

erc Platinum

Good one eb, shows what I know/remembered. I went back and watched (we have it because of all the local scenes, Bethesda, Georgetown, Chevy Chase we recognized), you're right - it looks like perhaps the NY Marquis. Guess what, when I watched that scene, I also noticed Arnold riding the horse into the "Washington Mayfair", I'm pretty sure that's The Mayflower!

Once again; Insiders, setting the record straight

cruisetraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi!

The Sopranos had an episode filmed at the Hollywood Beach Marriott Hotel in Florida. I am not sure which year it was. My husband and I stay at this hotel for a post cruise vacation Our first evening back at the hotel we decided to have dinner in the restaurant.. We came down for dinner and guess who was having dinner at the next table with about 8 other people, "Paulie"(Tony Sirico) from the Sopranos. I guess the hotel  made a good impression on him.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

OK, this is a bit off topic but it reminded me of my favorite movie "Ooops". There was a movie a few years ago with Claire Danes as a tourist in Bangkok who get set up by a drug dealer and she was arrested at the Thai airport not realizing she was carrying drugs. (Help with the name if you remember)

The "Ooops" was that as I was watching it hit me : That isn't the airport in Bangkok, it's the airport in Manila, Philippines.

erc Platinum

Brokedown Palace, as spooky a story as Midnight Express. I'm with a group that 'dabbles' with films (how do you make a small fortune in moviemaking? start with a large one) and we all enjoy checking out goofs or continuity issues in films    Honeymoon in Vegas (1992) - Goofs - IMDb  . I used Honeymoon in Vegas because my buddy (a film nut, I'm just a fan) said there were scenes shot at the Kauai Marriott Resort (speaking of Hawaiians and honeymoons - best wishes to kharada46 in his upcoming trip of a lifetime honeymoon).

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

erc,

Thanks!  You know I had a business meeting with some folks from Florida the other week and one of them caught wind of my upcoming trip.  He thought it ironic that for my honeymoon I'd be flying halfway around the world while most of the world wants to come to where I am for their honeymoon!  Of course he shouldn't really talk because he likes to come to Hawaii a lot, even though he lives in sunny Florida next to the beach! 

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

If you watch Hawaii Five-O, the JW Marriott Ihilani in Ko Olina makes an appearance in the show.  It was only one episode and involved Michelle Borth's character jumping from balcony to balcony.  Another episode shows Five-O chasing a suspect through Waikiki and they go through the Waikiki Beach Marriott.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...