7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2013 1:21 PM by painedplatinum RSS

clark3

clark3 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Just became platinum status...anything I should be aware of that is different than the gold status?  am planning a trip to USVI

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: clark3
    erc Platinum

Congratulations on achieving Platinum status.

Here's a good comparison    Marriott® Elite Member Benefits and Guarantees

Have a great trip, give us the scoop upon your return.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Yes, congratulations, clark3.  And welcome to MI.  I would love to see some of your pictures on the travel posts for 2013 or wherever you'd like to post.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

clark3,

Congrats, welcome to the Insiders, learn those differences from Gold to Platinum.  Don't get overly excited about the UA and Marriott partnership unless you can find some silver lining (pun intended) in Silver status with them.

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/14305

erc Platinum

Plus, it ends 1/31/14 and we're certainly not getting any vibe from Platinum service reps that they have heard about any extension. I've asked 3 Plat. and 2 UA Premier reps. Let's hope that's not your raison d'etre, we need your ongoing insights (I had snails recently/not escargot; wanted to avoid two French terms in one sentence, don't want you to think I'm going all fancy pants on ya ).

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

You, no way to ever think of "fancy pants" when I think of erc!  NEVER

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

Congrats in joining the Platinum ranks.  Sometimes you will get the gift of a nice room upgrade - tends to hapen to Plats more often than Golds.  Most ties an acknowledgement  your status.  Best thing...just knowing that you achieved it!!!!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

You get a nice 50% point bonus for your stays to go along with a welcome gift of 200, 400, or 500 points depending on brand.  These can add up quick.

If you made Platinum from your stays..75 nights... let's figure you checked in at least 25 times. Those 25 check ins at 500 points bring back 12,500.

If your nightly rate averaged $130, your 75 nights will bring 97,500 points...your 50% bonus brings another 48,750...

So your extra Platinum points would be 12,500 plus 48,750...or 61,250.  These will help you schedule a very nice trip!!

Congrats on your achievement, clark3.