3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2008 9:55 PM by texasgirl RSS

Marriott Grand Flora - Rome

feelingroovy Silver
Currently Being Moderated
I see several nice comments about this hotel.  We throught it was lovely at first, but when they told us that the air conditioner would only cool to 68 degrees, we realized why we were up all night sweating.  When we opened the window, the noise of the city kept us awake, and there was no breeze anyway.  So - lovely to look at, but we didn't get any decent sleep at all!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Grand Flora - Rome
    futureronsan Silver
    We had a similar experience with the Hotel room it was very warm and opening the window did not work well at all. I would probably not stay there again due to the uncomfortable room temperature. The local hotel staff were not able to do anything about the uncomfortable temperature.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pandora54 Silver 1 Reviews
    We arrived at the Grand Flora in late October last year. When I told the staff that my husband was getting asthma attacks because of the stuffy and hot room, they told us that they could activate the air conditioning in our room, so that we could adjust the temperature. Although they were not happy about having to accommodate us, they complied with our request, given the fact that it was the first of our eleven day stay.  In Rome many times you will have to actually demand that something be done about what is bothering you. Being nice about it helps a lot!!  On the other hand, you must not miss the succulent breakfasts on the roof top of this hotel. Staff is helpful and polite and the view is just wonderful!  We are planning to go back to Rome, and will definately stay here again. The location is the best, at the en of the Via Veneto. We took long walks from there to most major areas, you can also take public transportation anywhere, and across the hotel is an underground metro station. Surprisingly, we also found a supermarket near this underground station, and stocked up on bread, cheeses and wines and enjoyed private picnics in our bedrooms (also saved money by doing so!)  Word of caution: you can never be too careful about pickpocketers. I got my wallet stolen, even though I was careful most of the time. 

texasgirl Platinum 1 Reviews
    The location is great - but the hotel is old, not really clean & certainly not new - very very stuffy.  I'm thrilled I used points and didn't pay cash for this experience. Very disappointed.  Stayed there in the summer of 2007.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...