1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 22, 2013 4:39 PM by dmethvin RSS

Residency Inn at Los Altos, CA not maintaining the Marriott Standards

amitsingh Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I have stayed at this property for about 5 times and feel sorry to say that they are not maintaining their standards any more.

the last stay was from 08/26 till 09/07, and i also booked another room during this period (reimbursing my Marriott points) for a friend of mine who came to see me from Canada. I was amazed to see that my Marriott account was updated with that 1 night stay but they never updated my account or credited the larger / paid stay with the points. Neither did they email me the invoice, which was clearly mentioned in the booking form and they had agreed to it. Marriott Customer support wanted a copy of bill so I called the hotel frontdesk for the same and was surprised to know that they dont have a record of my stay. After providing some more details, they were able to find a booking in my name but told me that i never checked out or informed them (though I did handover one key at the reception at the time of checkout) so my reservation was extended all the way till 09/14. When I insisted that i did hand over the key and asked to recheck, the lady at frontdesk realized that i was correct and told me the correct checkout date (surprising... their records get updated as soon as you tell them over the phone). I asked for a copy of the bill, which she told me that she will email me right away but that email also never reached my inbox. Fortunately, i was able to locate a copy of the original paper bill which was dropped at my room on the day of checkout, so scanned it and send to the Marriott rewards team and they were kind enough to credit the points. However, I am surprised at the lethargic attitude of the staff at hotel. They never bother to send me a copy of the bill on email, dont have proper record of my stay, never updated my account with the stay and dont even send a copy of bill after request.

Doesnt look like i will prefer to go back to the same place again.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Los Altos, California, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Palo Alto Los Altos
  • Re: Residency Inn at Los Altos, CA not maintaining the Marriott Standards
    dmethvin Gold 16 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Hello Amit, I agree about that property. I have already added my review, please do the same so others will know.

Front desk clerk was SO inexperienced, I really couldn't blame him much because no decent manager should let someone work alone unless they were well trained. During checkin, the woman in front of me was a Platinum, as am I. The clerk didn't acknowledge that, didn't ask about the choice of arrival gift, didn't describe the hotel. He just handed her the key, and she looked a bit puzzled and then asked about whether she got the arrival gift. He said yes, he'd just given her the points. Then she asked which direction her room was, and he pointed across the parking lot. Then he did the SAME THING to me, didn't welcome me or give me a choice, and handed me a key.

I think the problem is that these Silicon Valley properties are inevitably fully booked during the week due to all the business travelers in the area. That makes the managers less worried about making customers happy I think, there are more where we came from. I actually tried moving to the Courtyard Los Altos or RI Mountain View for my second night but they were both booked (oh if only Platinum availability was a 24-hour guarantee). Either hotel is much better. There are several new hotels coming online all along El Camino there in Los Altos and Mountain View, including one under construction across from the Courtyard a block north. Perhaps this RI will straighten out once people have more choices and can avoid the hotels that don't do it right.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...