2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2013 1:35 AM by jimbomarie RSS

Destination points. Trade, buy, loan, give??

tjboston Silver
Currently Being Moderated

HI,

i own a week in Aruba and decided to trade for Destination Points. I thought that I was going to trade a week for a week but it appears that my Destination points will only

get me 5 days. Not a great deal I know.

I Don't want to buy more points because that's too costly. Just wondering if there is a way to obtain some points for the 2014 season?

what have other people done for? Does anyone have any points that they will not be using? I would love to have them!

thanks

TJ

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Destination points. Trade, buy, loan, give??
    curiousone Platinum

Checkout: www.vacationpointexchange.com   www.ownertrades.com  or   www.marowner.com

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Destination points. Trade, buy, loan, give??
    jimbomarie Platinum 4 Reviews

The advantage in destination points is the pure flexibility of those points.  If you ant to travel for1- 2-3-4 or many nights this is the way to go.  Also any new Timeshare property to be built will be built with owner occupying with points versus trading weeks as in the traditional program. That said the program is much more flexible than the old program.  Also, one reason that it costs more in the new program to stay in a particular property is because MCVI must have personnel on hand and turn over the resorts much more frequently than the traditional weekly stays.  If you look you can find great bargains at off travel times of the year.

I own a week at Grand Ocean every year, a week every other year in Kauai and Destination points so I am what is called a Hybrid owner(own both weeks and Destination Points).  Since Marriott and Marriott Vacation Club are now two separate corporations I am not to sure if the Community Manager will want much more on that subject here.  However, what I have posted should be common knowledge and is good for both Marriott rewards members and Vacation club members to know.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...