2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2013 12:30 PM by tryt53 RSS

Downgraded?

williston Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Any one else experienced being downgraded?  I'm PP and viewed my reservation before I left the Uk and was delighted to see that k had been upgraded to the Presidential suite.  When I got to my destination, I was in a regular room, low floor and nest the elevator!  Anyone else experienced this?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Downgraded?
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

It does happen - I have heard of others who have had this experience. Hey - on the bright side, you were upgraded to a suite - temporarily.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Downgraded?
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

williston,

I wonder if they had that suite open when they sent you the confirmation, and then had someone want to pay for it at the last minute?  Might not have been any other nice upgrades left for you at the last minute after they gave the room to that suite-paying person.  It seems wrong, but I can see that happening from the hotel's first choice being to rent a suite at the much higher rate, than to give it as an upgrade to someone.  I hope that doesn't happen too often to you.  It's really disappointing when it does

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...