0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2010 11:36 AM by coreymatt RSS

Almost Missed The Cruise Ship

coreymatt Silver
Currently Being Moderated

St; Thomas, Carnival Destiny, Feb. 12, 2007

St. Thomas was nice enough. It was the first stop of a 7-day cruise to the Southern Caribbean, so I don't remember a whole lot. We found a local bar that measured the amount of Coca-Cola mixed into the glass but yet allowed us to pour as much rum as we wanted. We stayed there for a while, you can be sure.

However, the best part of our visit to St. Thomas was when we were leaving. We were hanging out on our balcony as the cruise ship pulled away from the dock. Then it happened and we caught it all on video...

Watch here as a passenger almost misses the cruise ship.

Take a look. It's funny - you'll have a good time.

Anyway, we visited 7 different islands on that cruise - Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St. John, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia and Antigua.

I really enjoyed Dominica (Dom-in-EEK-a). It's mostly rainforest and my friend & I took a tough little hike to Trafalgar Falls (photo). We also saw a school bus crushed by a tree that fell during Hurricane David in 1979 (photo).

But we'll never forget the guy that almost missed his date with Destiny.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...